Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Nox 600- I Keep Shaking My Head In Amazement

RLOH

I remember the "Equinox will obsolete all single frequency detectors" I was not a believer and thought this was marketing hype. Well I finally got one and I just keep making good finds from places I have given up on. Today was no exception. A school built in the 1920's that I have hunted hard for ten years. There is a football practice field that I have gridded from many directions with many silvers, probably a hundred wheats, and a handful of Buffalo nickels. Today I had two scratchy signals with numbers 19-21. Four bars deep on the depth gauge. I was expecting deep zincs which I somtimes find here, but was shocked to see the back of two Indians from around 8 inches deep. I was not able to get a date yet, but I have never found even one Indian here, not one.

These detectors are one of the easiest detectors to use, period. Park one, two adjustments(iron bias and recovery speed), noise cancel, ground balance(see my post below). I truly am amazed when I get a signal thinking it is a clad coin because of it's strength and clarity, only to find a 70 to 100 year old coin. I am now a "believer"

Very cool! Nice job with your Equinox!

I find that this machine seems to LOVE Indian Heads. For the first year EVER, I have found more Indian Heads than silver coins...my silver ALWAYS outnumber my Indians...until I started swinging the Equinox! Strange! But whatever the case, it definitely finds the coins, and definitely finds them deep! Glad you are enjoying it!

Steve

Seeing is believing RLOH. I remember my 1st U.K. and My 1st beach hunt with an Equinox, new territory we're in.
Jeff

I honestly dont believe ML realized just how good of a beach machine this was going to be. If they tweaked it ..... i KNOW it would be even better. It may well obsolete the use of other machines for beach hunting in the next few years....... including their own pricy always needing repair or modified machines. It takes a bit of learning...... most people think they have it...... then the light bulb comes one and they realize.... OMG i been missing these targets. Its got a lot of info in those digits..... i still believe the double digit smartscreen would improve it. Also...... why pay 2 to 3 times the price for a machine...... and some only have a years warranty? So in this respect i believe we will be seeing more and more at the beach at least. Now comes the work of finding that edge.