Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The "Nightmare Dream" Story. Part 4 ...............

Kelley (Texas)

It was a long night for Sunny! Every time she heard a noise, she thought of that snake that was hiding somewhere under that van. As the minutes ticked away towards daylight, she thought of many ways to get even with the boys...they were going to pay!

As the sun rose in the East, Roy woke up smelling bacon cooking...Oh! How Roy loved bacon and eggs. He was thinking to himself, at least that woman can cook. As he left the tent and approached the camp fire, there was Sunny cooking breakfast. Wait a minute, she was only cooking two pieces of bacon. Roy asked Sunny, "where is the rest of the bacon?" Sunny replied, "over there in the ice cooler." "Well, go get it!" said Roy. Sunny had a big smile on her face as she said in a loud voice, "No!" "If you want some bacon, and some eggs, you can cook your own, the deal is off after what you guys did to me last night!" She added, "I am also not going to clean the camp site or the fish, if you are so lucking to catch any!" The loud exchange of words woke up the rest of the guys.

As he sat down by the campfire, General Raymond asked, "What is going on?" Roy said, "We have a rebellion on our hands, Sunny is not going to cook, clean camp or clean any fish." General Raymond said, "I knew that we should not have allowed her to come." Roy told General Raymond that did not matter now, she was here and it looked like there was not much they could do about it. Now Wayne was standing towards the back watching everything, and his mind was working ninety miles an hour. He looked at Sunny and said, "Several times last night, I tried to figure out a way to swap places with you, knowing that you probably could not sleep knowing that the snake was probably within several feet of you." "I slept very little thinking about you. Say are you going to eat both pieces of that bacon?" Sunny just laughed as she said, "Nice try Wayne, it will not work." Well, the guys were not happy campers as they sat there cooking their own breakfast while Sunny was preparing her fishing gear for a day of fishing out on the lake.

Being that he was the leader of the group, Roy announced that there would be a pow wow after everyone ate.

After every one finished eating, they gathered around Roy. Roy said, "Let's call a truce and strike a deal." Sunny asked, "What type of deal?" Roy replied, "We will move the van out of the camp area, put our tent between your tent and the van." "After this is done, we will start fresh and we can all go back to our original deal...you doing the cooking, and everything" "Sound fair to you Sunny?" Sunny bent over in laugher as she said, "No, it is not O.K. with me." "The deal is off, period." Smelling blood, Sunny told Roy, "The only decision that has not been made is which of the two boats will I be fishing in." Mike said, "As far as I am concerned, you can fish in Roy's boat...he is the one that ran over that snake." General Raymond said, "I agree with Mike, Roy caused this, he should have killed the snake, the only good snake is a dead snake." Wayne looked down at the ground as he said in a low voice, "Roy, looks like it will be you and Sunny in that other boat, sorry." It was going to be a long, long day out on the lake.

Sunny and Roy fished most of the day, not saying a word to each other. Sunny would smile at Roy, rubbing dirt into the wound. Roy was thinking, wonder if she can swim if this boat would suddenly sink, no better not think that way, I would get caught. Shortly before it was time to call it for the day, Sunny suddenly got a big hit on her bait. Her rod bent over double, almost came out of her hands. She looked towards Roy as she said, "Roy, please help me, this is a big fish." Roy just leaned back and for the first time that day he had a big smile on his face as he said, "Nope, you wanted to be one of the guys, wanted equal rights, put the screws to us by deciding not to cook, clean camp, so nope, you are on your own!" Sunny was really getting tired, this was a big fish. She again said, "Roy, please help me." About this time the other boat started drifting towards Roy and Sunny, they had heard the commotion and wanted to find out what was happening. As their boat approached them, it must have had an impact on the fish because the line suddenly went slack as the big fish turned and headed towards Sunny and Roy. Roy was laughing his head off watching Sunny trying to reel in line with a panic look on her face. You had to give Sunny credit, she was not going to throw in the towel. It was a long fought battle that appeared to be nearing an end. With just a few feet from finally landing the big fish, it surfaced for the first time. Suddenly, Roy stopped laughing. He yelled at Sunny, "Cut the line, that is an alligator gar, it has teeth!" "Sunny, I said to cut the line, NOW!" Sunny wasn't about to cut the line, this was her fish, the biggest fish that she had ever caught. She gave one final tug and the fish swung over the side and into the boat, all three feet of it...it landed at Roy's feet. Later, the guys said that they do not know which was the loudest, Roy's cursing, the snapping teeth of the gar, or the oar hitting both the fish and the bottom of the boat. The battle between Roy and that alligator gar must have only lasted a minute or two, but to Roy it seemed like hours before he finally pushed the gar over the side of the boat. As he looked at his shredded trousers and torn tennis shoes, the urge to kill Sunny arose in him. Thank goodness for Sunny that the other guys were in that other boat just a short distance from them. Sunny was not happy either as she told Roy, "That was the biggest fish that I have ever caught and you let it back in the water." Roy snapped back and said, "That fish was trying to kill me!" After a few minutes of not saying a word, Mike said, "I think it would be best if we called it for the day and return to camp." Wayne said, "I agree, and tell you what, I will cook the dinner." General Raymond said, "I can't wait to get home and post a message on the Forum about how Sunny tried to murder Roy." Sunny looked over at General Raymond and said, "I did not try to murder Roy!" Sensing that the fussing was about to begin again, Wayne said, "Enough, enough, enough of all this fussing, lets go in and get some supper, OK?" Both boats headed for shore and the safety of their camp.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just have patience with me and I will post the conclusion tomorrow...you do want me to post the conclusion don't you? Are you tired of reading this dream story and wish that I would quit now? Let me know, OK? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I don't need no dang woman to cook my dang bacon anyway. They ruin it by frying all the fat out of it anyway.

I have been up in northern Canada and had pike beat the crap out of the bottom of the boat!! I started carrying a towel to throw over them and then I could straddle the suckers and hold them down. Those northerns are slippery as snot and boy does that towel get funky.

As a side note, I found from experience that a feller just don't think it is funny to have a pike towel, that is what I called the slimy sucker, slung over their head while they are fighting a fish. My old departed buddy Ray was always finicky about his hair I found....

Now you keep this story a going!!:thumbup::thumbup:

a short period of time when this story is completed, but it will not last very long because we can easily out smart her. After a few days when the dust settles, things will be back to normal, trust me! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

And each chapter gets better and more complex than the last.
I just hope that Roy brought another set of pants... I would hate for him to be running around, in the woods, 'semi-starkers' :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sunny skies

M

and i will wait patiently for the conclusion. You have hidden your talents well up to now as a top flight "reporter" and writer!
Wayne

if she was cooking bacon, she wouldn't at least share it! At least she cooks!! I would still be waiting for one of those guys to serve ME breakfast! :lol: This was some dream, Cowboy!

I just got back from the deer camp clean up, and turned the computer on. I have a lot of catching up to do. I had to find the next chapter of this dream, though. I'll be back later!

PS Cowboy, did Roy let Sunny drive the boat? Did she have to bait his hook for him??? :lol: