Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The "Nightmare Dream" Story......Part 3

Kelley (Texas)

As Roy drove down the highway, General Raymond kept looking at his watch...he was thinking that this ten minutes of no talking was killing him. Finally, he intently watched the last thirty seconds tick off his watch...he happily let everyone know that the ten minutes had passed, no more time out penalty, it was over, back to normal.

In a very meek manner, Sunny looked around and finally said, "Sure is a nice day." Wayne glanced in her direction and said, "Yes it is." Then it happened, Roy farted...everyone laughed and it was back to normal. Everyone chit chatted and enjoyed each other's company as they slowly but surely got closer to the turn off to the lake.

Finally Roy asked for everyone's attention, "We need to be on the lookout for a road by the name of Pittman Road, that is the road we take to our camping area." "We should be within a few miles of it, so watch for it." Traffic was getting heavy and Roy had to concentrate on the driving, needed everyone's help in locating Pittman Road. For a minute or two, everyone concentrated on looking for the road, but first thing you knew, they started chit chatting again. Time flew by quickly. Sunny asked Roy, "What was the name of that road?" Roy answered, "Pittman Road, why do you ask?" In an excited voice, Sunny said, "Oh! We passed it about a mile back." "What," shouted Roy as he slammed on the brakes, pulling to the side of the road. "I told everyone to be watching for it, goodness!" Sunny said, "Sorry, I had a hard time trying to remember the name of that road, no reason to get mean about it!" "At least give me some credit for seeing it first." About this time General Raymond butted in with, "I told you she was...." Roy cut him off and told him that now was not the time to start a fuss with Sunny.

Roy safely turned the van around and headed back down the road, finally spotting Pittman Road. He entered the intersection and turned onto the road. Pittman Road was a narrow dirt and gravel type road, lots of bumps and ruts. Mike asked Roy, "How far do we go on this road, these bumps are killing me." Roy said, "I was told that it ends at the lake at about five or six miles." Roy said, "You folks just sit back and enjoy the view, we are almost there." Wayne said, "what view, there is so much brush on the side of the road that you can't see anything but brush." All of a sudden, Mike said, "What is that in the middle of the road, looks like a snake." Sunny leaned forward and said, "It is a snake, look how big it is!" Roy slowed the van down to a crawl as they approached that snake in the middle of the road. Wayne said, "Roy, don't run over it or kill it. It is not hurting anyone, let it live." Roy said, "I have no intention of running over it or killing it, I will straddle it...it can go it's way and we will go our way" Slowly, Roy drove over the snake, making sure that the snake would be between the tires and not get run over and killed. Roy let out a sign of relief as he announced, "Well, we did our good deed for the day, we did the tree huggers and that snake a favor and spared it's life." In an excited tone, Sunny said, "I think we have a problem!" Mike asked, "What do you mean we have a problem?" Sunny was really getting nervous acting as she said, "The snake did not exit behind the van." Roy was starting to pay attention and said, "What do you mean it did not exit behind the van?" Sunny said, "It was on the road as you went over it, but it was not on the road when you passed completely over it." General Raymond joined the conversation, "Where do you think it went?" Roy said, "At the moment, I could care less, something is wrong with this van, I hear a thumping sound under the floor board." In an instant, everyone started rolling up the windows and locking the doors. General Raymond said, "That snake is somewhere under the van, he is going to kill one of us!" "Just last week I saw that snake movie called Anaconda...it was just like the snake that was in the middle of the road, we are going to die!" Wayne said, "Just relax, we are not going to die" "We need to stop the van, someone needs to get out and kill the snake with the tire tool." Sunny asked Wayne, "And who do you think should be elected to do that dangerous deed?" Seeing every one looking in her direction, she said, "Oh No, not me!" Sunny added, "Roy was driving the van, he was the one that did it, so he should be the one to get out and kill the snake." Roy said, "What! I am not going to do it. I don't want to get bit by that snake. Did you see how big he was? pick some one else." Seeing things getting out of control, Wayne shouted, "I have a better idea. Lets just get to the camp site, park the van and the snake will eventually get hungry and leave on his own account." Roy said, "Sounds good to me, let's get there."

A few minutes later and they pulled up to the camp site. Roy told every one, "lets get out and unpack this van, set up the camp. Lets hope that snake figures out that we are going to cut it some slack and let it leave unharmed." Sunny asked, "How do we get out of the van without getting bit by that snake?" Roy said, "I will get out and make sure that the snake is still somewhere under the van. When I give the signal, everyone grab something and get out as fast as you can. I will stand guard with the tire tool." Roy got out of the van, stepped back about six feet and looked under the van. Not seeing anything, he gave the signal for every one to exit the van. Everyone came flying out of that van, General Raymond tripped over Mike, said a few curse words, while Wayne ran into Roy because he was looking back over his shoulder, not watching where he was going. Sunny beat everyone to the edge of the lake, thirty feet from the Van. They were safe at last.

Roy gathered everyone and suggested that they put up the tents and gather some fire wood. Wayne said, "there are two boxes with tents, a big box and a little box." Roy explained, "the big box is the tent that we will be sleeping in, it has a couple of windows and a water proof floor. The other tent is the one that Sunny will be sleeping in. It is the small box that has army surplus stamped on the ends." Mike asked, "What type of tent will Sunny be sleeping in?" Roy said, "It is a pup tent and will be just fine for Sunny." "What" yelled Sunny, "I know what a pup tent is like, the boy scouts camp in them. It is small with no floor or anything." Roy said, "You will have a floor, I brought an old sheet that you can use as a floor." Before Sunny could protest, Roy told General Raymond to set up Sunny's tent over near the van while the others set up their tent between her tent and the lake. Sunny asked, "What about the snake?" No one said a word and Sunny knew that she had been had. She thought to herself, boys the war has just begun!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I doing OK so far? Want to read the next part? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

respect. After all, General Raymond is setting up her tent.(I do hope he can do a good job since he tripped over Mike running from the snake, and I hope it didn't hurt Mike bad enough so he can help him. (Sounds like with all the "testosterone" flowing, she might need to "lay low" for a while. I can't imagine her taking grief like she does, so she must be blowing the off for the most part. Since Roy is the leader, I bet he goes and buys her a nice big tent, cause women have to have more room for their "stuff". It's a good thing she is a hillbilly, at least she will not have to have a shoe closest. I think I know deep down that she felt sorry for all these guys, knowing none of them knew what the heck they were doing fishing, and they were hoping she would teach them all how.

Sorry..........I forgot..........this is YOUR dream, Cowboy! This made me laugh first thing this morning. I bet you were quite a young story teller growing up as well! This is funny and I cannot wait for the next part? :)

n/t

of hot gas :rofl: and I still think Wayner is a goody two shoes, hahaha :lol:

I see General Raymond stepped up to the plate to helped out Sunny with her tent, I always knew he was a good fella that cares :wiggle:

Keep them coming Kelley :thumbup:

But knowing him, he probably had a rum or two too many :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Geat story so far Fred

take care

Sunny skies

m