Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The "Nightmare Dream" Story, part 2.......................

Kelley (Texas)

The group stood around for a few more minutes and then Roy said, "Time to hit the road for the trip to the lake. I have a rented van out front, lets load our gear and get rolling. Anyone need to go to the bathroom?" Roy looked at everyone, not one person had to go to the bathroom, they were all excited and wanted to get to the lake. It was decided that Roy would do the driving.

A few miles down the road, Sunny said, "I need to go to the bathroom." "Good grief" said Roy, "that is why I asked everyone back at the airport if they needed to go to the bathroom." Roy said, "just hold on for a few more minutes and I will stop at a truck stop, but you better run in and go real fast, we are not going to wait all afternoon for you!" Everyone could tell that Roy was a little annoyed but did not say anything. Sunny thought to herself, he is hitting every bump in the road he can find, just trying to pay me back for having to go to the bathroom.

Roy pulled into a truck stop and Sunny was out the door heading for the ladies room. Within two minutes she was back and they were on the road again.

Roy told everyone that they had approximately two more hours of driving and they would be at the lake. Mike said, "Two hours, can't you speed it up just a tab?" Roy thought for a moment, stepped on the gas and said, "sure, if we can get there early enough, we can put up the tents and get some fishing done before dark."

A few miles down the road, everyone was laughing and having a nice conversation when Roy let out a shout! "I can not believe this, there is a highway patrolman coming up fast with his lights on." General Raymond asked Roy, "How fast are you going?" Roy answered, "85 mile an hour." Moments later the police car pulled up beside them and motioned for Roy to pull over.

Needless to say, there was not much joy at that moment when the highway patrolman walked up to Roy and asked to see his driver's licence and proof of insurance. As he was looking at Roy's licence, he said, "You are from Michigan?" Roy said, "Yes Sir!" "Mr. Otterman, do you know how fast you were driving?" In a quiet tone Roy said, "No Sir." Then out of the clear blue sky, General Raymond said, "You don't know, you told me that you were doing 85 when I asked a few minutes ago." Wayne looked at General Raymond and said, "Shut up!" Roy faked a laugh and told the highway patrolman that General Raymond was just joking. The highway patrolman was not amused at all. He asked Roy what they were doing in Tennessee, and after Roy told him that they were on a three day fishing trip, the highway patrolman got a little friendlier. He put his pen back in his front pocket, closed his ticket book and calmly explained that the speed limit was seventy miles an hour. He told Roy that it was his discretion on whether or not he issued a speeding ticket. Roy started relaxing, especially after the highway patrolman said, "I always try to give out of state visitors a break, just give them a warning." That is when it broke loose, Sunny just had to have her say when she said, "What good does that do? If you gave us a ticket, we live out of state and will just go home and not pay it!" "We just won't come back to Tennessee!" That did it! Out came the ticket book, and Roy was given a ticket. Needless to say, no one was saying anything now.

As Roy slowly pulled onto the highway, you could tell that he was angry with Sunny. She caused him to get a ticket instead of a warning, he kept looking in the rear view mirror at Sunny, if looks could kill, Sunny was one dead woman. To add fuel to the fire, General Raymond said, "I told you we should not have allowed her to come, she is going to cause us trouble." Roy said, "General Raymond, just hush, now is not the time for this type of talk." A few seconds went by and Sunny said, "What do you mean, you should not have allowed me to come?" "You all have been talking about me, haven't you?" That was the straw that broke the donkey's back, Roy slammed on the brakes and came to a sliding stop beside the road. In a stern voice, Roy said, "Let me tell all of you one thing, no more fussing! I do not want to hear a word out of anyone for the next ten minutes, period! You get it through your head that we are going to have one heck of a good time, no more fussing! Understood?" You could have heard a napkin hitting the floor, everyone was sitting there scared to say a word. Well, almost everyone, in a low voice, Mike said, "If Sunny had kept her mouth shut, none of this would be happening!" Roy said, "I said ten minutes of quiet time!" Mike looked at General Raymond, you could read their minds, Sunny was in deep trouble with them. Sunny looked at them and showed a small grin, she was remembering all the chain jerking that they had done the past few years. Wayne just sat there and looked out the car window, he was not going to say a thing. Roy again glanced at every one and slowly pulled back onto the highway, heading for the lake.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Am I doing OK telling this story? Do you want to read the next part of the story? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :devil:

the part about Sunny getting some payback sounds right to me, and of course me not saying anything :D Please continue :heh:

n/t

Is this the day that Wayne and his brother-in-law was going to test that new boat with the ballast added to make it keep from flipping over? I am not a boat person, especially a boat person that would want to sail the open waters of the ocean...I still remember what that big shark did to that boat in the movie by the name of "Jaws." That shark took a big bite out of that boat and sunk it. Then there was that "Moby Dick" movie where the whale sank that big wooden ship. If those two movies don't make you leery of sailing the open waters in a small boat, go see that movie "The Perfect Thunderstorm." I kinda think that I will keep my feet planted on good old solid ground and stay away from those boats that sail the oceans. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

resident 'sunny' lately. :)

Take care

Calm seas

M

about this dream that I had. Say, is it possible that she is on the road, heading for that big island where Wayne lives? Or, she may have gone shopping for a pair of shoes! :rofl:

Mike, did your son ever come by and show you how to use that camera? Do you have the owner's manual? If you have the owner's manual, you can set the camera to take pictures on what is known as the Auto Mode. In the AUTO MODE the camera will do the thinking for you, will set the proper shutter speed and lens openings. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

He will be coming later this month and then we will sit down and he can walk me through it.

Sunny skies

M

Roy is not mean, he is the natural leader of the group. Now Wayne, the story is not over and there is much that has not been told yet. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Ya cranky old "oatmeal savage"! I will keep repeating QUAKER OATS QUAKER OATS QUAKER OATS until you say Uncle Wayner! :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

n/t