Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The night that I found the "treasure" brief case beside the road.................

Kelley (Texas)

About six years ago, while driving back from Kerrville, Texas late at night, I found a treasure brief case....

I had turned off of IH 10 near Boerne, Texas onto Boerne Stage Road, about twelve miles from my home near Leon Springs, Texas. Several miles down the road, as I went around a curve, I spotted a brief case just off the shoulder of the road, partially hidden by some weeds. I slammed on the brakes, and put the truck in reverse. Just as I started backing up, I spotted a car coming my way. Dang! I stopped backing up, put the interior cab light on and acted like I was looking at a map...needed to fake that car off. I prayed he did not spot the brief case. Good, he went on by me! I then backed up the last few feet and jumped out of the pickup. I picked the brief case up and noticed it was made out of heavy metal, the type that you would carry money or jewelry in...I was going to be rich. I threw the brief case in the bed of the truck and headed for the house as fast as possible without drawing attention to myself.

Gosh, it seemed like it was taking forever to drive the last few miles to my home...I was shaking, looking in the rear view mirror. I kept thinking, what if this is drug money...pi$$ on it if it was, it was now my money, finders keepers losers weepers! Then I started thinking, there was probably valuable jewelry in the brief case because I heard a rattle or something when I lifted it. I am going to be rich, all I could think about as I approached my driveway.

I flew down the driveway and came to a sliding halt...Debbie had seen me coming down the driveway at a high rate of speed and came running out the back door..."Fred, what is wrong?" I yelled, "Nothing is wrong, get me the flashlight, I have found a brief case full of money or jewelery, we are rich!"

Debbie handed me the flashlight...I reached for the briefcase and slid it to the tailgate of the truck. I kept thinking, this thing is heavy. Debbie just stood there watching me as I flipped the latch and opened the briefcase. All of the sudden she bent over with laugher, it was not a dang brief case, but a small folding, compact table with four folding legs! As Debbie was entering the house while laughing her head off, I threw the table against the trash cans on the other side of the drive way! No new pickup truck, no new horses or cows, no new nothing...it was just an old table, I was not going to be rich that night.

I meekly entered the house, Debbie looked at me and started laughing again...that woman just could not control herself. Then I started laughing too! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

you had been had by some neighborhood kids. When I was a kid, we used to get old purses and sometimes we'd fill them with play money, (with some of it stcking out off the sides), and other times we'd fill them with paint. Then we'd hide off the highway and wait for our next victim!

Boy oh boy, does that ever bring back memories!

Lil Brother:lol:

It was a fancy, expensive type folding table. In the dark, it looked just like a brief case. For a few minutes, it was exciting and I really thought that there was money or something valuable in that thing. Debbie and I did get a good laugh...it seems that we always find things to laugh about, never a dull moment in our lives. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

I got one just like it in the garage.... :rofl: