Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The most difficult thing I have ever done......

Dan-MO

My mother passed away last Wednesday after a long illness. Her funeral was yesterday.While it is always painful to lose a loved one,in Mom's case it was a blessing to see her at peace.At the request of my father and brothers I wrote a small poem in her honor to read at her funeral.

Although you might never guess it from the way I rattle on sometimes on this forum-in person I am rather shy and quiet. I have always admired people like Arkie John who have the gift of speaking words of comfort and hope in front of large groups of people-something I never thought I could do.

My mother was a well know and respected lady with many friends and relatives and I found myself standing in front of a packed house fighting back nerves and emotions to speak a few words about her and to read the following.It is not all that good but the best I could do and I like to think Mom would have liked it.It would probably also apply to every one on here who has lost their mothers.

From the moment I was born
In an instant of time
An amazing gift of love was passed
From your heart into mine

On a day I can

and I am sure all of our hearts go out for you, a person we think of as family.

As I have said, my mother is going on 91 now and she has told me she wants me to speak when the time comes and I am not looking forward to it. It will be the toughest thing I can imagine doing but she wants it.

I just might save your poem. It is beautiful

n/t

It is a beautiful poem...one written with love. Dan, sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother, but she is now in a better place. Thanks for sharing this poem with us. Kelley (Texas) :)

What a wondeful tribute to your mother!

Dave

a warm, loving, compassionate person in you, her son, and if I am guessing correctly, in your siblings as well. This was a beautiful tribute to her, and I thank you for sharing it with us.

The hardest thing you have ever done? For sure! My life was changed forever when my father died, and when my mother left us, the hole in my heart just got larger and deeper! I still grieve today, and it's been 30 years since my daddy left us, and almost 7 for my mother. I am forever changed and can't wait to see them again someday.

But they left us with who we are now, and their wish is for us to be better than they were to our family, than they were to us! Really tough shoes to fill..............I do my best! It is obvious from the information I have derived from your posts, that you do the same!

I love you, and I will keep you in my prayers for your hurt and your loss.

n/t

As you know, I have walked that soulful valley that you have just walked. Praise God, a valley is not a box canyon. If we keep walking, we will traverse it eventually.

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear mother, but, on the other hand, we know she is in heaven this very instant, with a perfect mind and body because she was His and He was her King in this life!

I have been praying for you and especially for your father, who needs such strength in order to keep walking. He feels like an eggshell and must be nurtured by the good Lord above and by the family that is still here.

Keep walking, my brother. I'll keep prayin'. You know my number.<><

Love in Christ,

aj