Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Monster of Cap St. Jacqu... Pt3

SurfCutter

:confused::surprised: One of the first beaches that we water hunted was an abandoned beach/ park on the St Lawrence to get to this beach we had to park at a public boat ramp and walk around the point to get to this cove. this beach if I remember correctly was very active in the 40's 50's and 60' and due to expenses and pollution at the time was shut down and abandoned , from my last visit it had been cleaned up in the mid to late 80's and from my last information once again active swim and rec area .
Any way it was a go hike to carry all the hunt gear out around the point to get back in to this cove of soft deep sand but well worth it as we never came back with out each of us with silver coin, silver and gold jewelery , this lead to an agreement between Richard and heather and myself that she would get pick of the days finds , I may not have gotten the most gold during our hunts but I always got the prettiest pieces these became known as "Rent Rings " and it was as much fun for me as it was for Heather to see the days finds . Ahhh the days were you would count out 3 or 4 gold wedding bands or a medium to large mans ring with a high school ring thrown in for fun . it got so we were a bet jaded that if it was only 10K we looked down on it . ..:surprised:
Well this day we had made the walk around the point and were busy hunting away and the gold rings and silver coins were just flowing in to our catch bags. :detecting:
Some of the areas had silt drift in and cover the sand and this made the tea colored water quickly a chocolate brown and only when you had the scoop drained and out of the water did you get to see the target it if you scooped it right .... To give you an idea of the size of this beach if it was 500 yards long it was an foot . I had found this pocket of coins and was happily scooping away not minding to much what was around this was the great north , no water snakes , few if any turtles so here I am chest deep in water you could not see your hand in front of your face if it was in the water any way when all of a sudden something hits the box of my new XL 500 pulse . :yikes::surprised: not once but twice more it did not get a third chance ...think Spruce Goose just as big , just as noisy and 3 times as fast that was me heading for land ...Richard just 50 yards away working his own pocket looks up and wonders what is wrong ?:confused:
When I had gotten to were I could see what was around me a.k.a ankle deep water and calmed down I told him something hit me ....
Sure he said , what he did not see and I did was the water was not just flying from my wake but something very big also was thrashing about in my high speed exit .....
I found a new spot to hunt in water not a clouded and was soon scooping gold rings and coins when I happened to look over to were Richard was hunting , he had his back to me .....
" Ah Richard ,,,, Whats that ?
" Huh? ,,,, What ? "
" That ...."
He turns around to look at me and in the water behind him is the Biggest fish I have ever seen in fresh water ......and it was All mouth and teeth .... GAR !
We figured it was hunting small fish in the cloudy water and had run in to me ....still it will get you going until you have had a chance to sort it all out .

Now for those that understand Canadian French please forgive my attempt at spelling this beach or partly spelling it , what I do to English is bad enough but the french , well it has been trouble to me to the point were it almost got me arrested and in deep trouble with a girl friend during one trip she went along with me .... picture this , the French have a way of serving Fry's with cheese and a gravy...and they have a word for it ,that to me sounds very close to CAT try asking for it to a waitress that speaks only french and knows what CAT is and a girl friend standing there to boot ....I can see why the waitress would be a bit upset , but the girl friend did not have to kick me that hard .....:stretcher:

I don't like an unknown striking me in murky water either! The imagination sure takes over!!:rofl::rofl:

The only thing I could think of to give just how far, fast and quick I was out of the water ...you have to understand the XL 500 is belted to my stomach and my bare hand holding the coil shaft was only 6" away from all those teeth ..... on hindsight ..
Again have a safe trip Ron , and the offer still holds ...see my post to your trip posting ..
Bill G.

Not to worry, Ron. They're French Canadian so it's okay. The Canadian bit makes them more affable than the French across the pond. I married a Montreal gal so you can take my word for it.:inlove: Just don't mention 'Seperatism' to them and it's all good.:thumbup:

Cheers,

BDA:canadaflag:

So you tried ordering "Poutine", I take it.:lol:

Great story and no appology necessary for the language conversion Mon Ami!

nothing like those Alligator Gars of the south!

That had to scare the crap out of you both

[attachment 58034 photo.aspx.jpg]