Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The missing pumpkins.

George-CT

We had 3 big pumpkins my daughter brough home to place around the ranch here for Halloween. With the cold weather they were starting to go the other way. She decides that hey, Lets place them down on the rifle range and blast them from the back porch. So she set them out at various ranges from 140 yards, 100 and 75 yards. They were easy to see and big, or bigger than a basket ball and heavy. She figured the rifles would really explode them which she likes. I have a nice little 243 here thats a tack driver and does a good job on pumpkins.

Well, she has been busy working at Bradley International Airport for a contract company called DS2. Big outfit, pays well and all she learned in the Air Force they can use so she is having a ball, except its a 50 mile drive each way so she gets home after dark, and leaves before dark. This weekend she decided it would be a great time to shoot at them. Down she comes with the rifle and bounces out of the porch. Then we see a puzzled look. Hey, wheres my pumpkins.... Their right there where you put them.... aaaaahhhh, no their not....

So, we go trucking down there figuring they fell off the wood stands we have scattered around there for other objects....Usually plastic water bottles.... Anyhow sure enough no pumkinis to be seen....But plenty of deer prints... It seems the deer came in and had a feast on them and had eatten 2 and one was almost gone. The look on her face was priceless. Silly thing but funny at the same time. These weighted around 25 30 lbs each. She could not beleive they ate them all. Then I explained how much they really like them and I had seem them not to far from here smashing them with their feet or running with the small ones in their mouths.

Also, wanted to update you all on how Heidi is doing. She finally finished all her testing again, and they feel at this time it was just some cells left over. they did 3 more test and feel now that there is none left and she should be fine. For saftey, they will check her every 2 months and then extend it out. To young to deal with that stuff. So she is relieved and so are we. She is getting back to being her cheerful self. She will still start school at the end of January. If this contract job with DS2 stays she will continue and do some of it at night for as long as she can before she goes full time in school. She misses sunny Charleston SC now that the weather is cold. She is looking for a 4x4 vehicle and will park her truck. Sure nice to have her here for the holidays this year.

Sorry for the hiatus on posting but they should pick up now.

George-CT

deer in your back yard!!:lol: That is a bunch of hungry deer to be eating that much pumpkin!!

computer screen at your place. I kept that up all day until you shut me down at 11:00 PM. I was looking for the big buck to screen capture and send to my buddy. Guess I need a light show like your place..

Yeah, we are very please with the results for Heidi now. Not so good at first. Being its in the family only made it worst. I hope it stays gone forever.

Geo

silly Deer here do not touch them. Folks put hundreds of them along the roads after Halloween, the Deer walk by them and they just rot.
Wonderful for Heidi and i'm sure happy for both of you:thumbup::thumbup:

We have had to fight the deer off too as regards to the pumpkins. I do not know why they like them so much. If they would take after the zucchinis, I would have no problem :):

calm seas

Mikie

n/t