Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Master Craftsman

of people on this forum know of the talents daddy imposed on both you and Lil Brother! It was his gift to you! I can't wait to see them myself, and knowing and loving as I do, I know they will fall nothing short of perfection. That's the way you and Lil Brother have always been. You may have had different times for different things, but you put your utmost best into them and never settle for second place.

When I took Mikie the turkey call you made for him, he was most impressed. Thought it was much to beautiful to call the birds with. Royal loved it too.

So now, maybe we can introduce your flutes! I can't wait. You sure have a way with words too, brother. Another gift. ILY, :)

n/t

there was so much to making those flutes and i am impressed at your tenacity, but not surprised:biggrin:
I have seen some of your woodworking skills and they are wonderful!

Here are some 2006 flutes that you might like to see. Thanks to Gigi, my talented and patient wife, here they are...for you. :clapping:

Yup! I just KNOW that you know that (with the help of his younger wife) an old dog can relearn new tricks.

Now...if I just don't forget them by next week, I'll be OK.

Look Sissy, I'm good, huh? [attachment 35854 Buddies.JPG] :cheekkiss:

After you posted your original story about the Indian flutes on the Forum, I did a search on Google. I must confess, all the information just confused my pea brain...it became apparent that making one of these flutes required great skill and patience. I admire you for having both of these traits and know that you will be successful in creating some fine flutes. I do appreciate the photos that you have posted...those are some beautiful flutes. Thanks for sharing this very interesting subject...I am just amazed at the talent you displayed in making the Indian flutes. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

my Rebel, and I either got a whole lot of crappy pictures, or a whole lot of good ones! Thought you were going to be there! :shrug:

since you play every instrument under the sun, I hope you can help me learn how to play it! A lone flute is very comforting! Call me Saturday if you are going to be over at Lil Brothers tomorrow and I will bring you the crape myrtle wood and bushes!

These are one of a kind Johnboy! You do daddy proud! ILY. :)

I have absolutely zero talent when it comes to woodworking.. I do not know why. I can turn a piece if metal down to 1/10000 of an inch if need be. But when it comes to wood, it seems as though 1/4 inch is close enough. And I can never get things much closer that that...... or if I do, it is by accident.

I still have the turkey call [that will never go anywhere... except to my family when the time comes] and I still show it off. It is the most beautiful piece!!

Calm seas

M

...with wood. I never grew up with mig or tig or stick welders and just never ventureed into that stuff. I wish I knew more about it as I still get the hankerin' to buy an old '63 bonneville convertible to fix up.

I guess if Daddy had been a welder, I'd be turnin stuff on a machine lathe. Funny how the Master Craftsman give us different but no-less-important talents.

Thanks for your read and for your post. Give Alice a squeeze and a smile for GiGi and me. <><

aj

the photos that John posted do not even start to do them justice. I have had the opportunity to see and hold these wonderful flutes IN PERSON!

They are amazing and are truly works of art. I thank the Master for giving my brother the talent and patience needed.

Lil Brother:)

when you get to the point that you are selling them, put my name on the top of the list. :D I heard you were a craftsman and I saw what you made Mike!! :thumbup:

I do not have the patience to make anything but sawdust. Well I have made a bunch of birdhouses, you know out of individual logs and some other stuff but not much of quality. Actually it does not have to be great workmanship to be fun. :D

I have all the woodworking tools a man could want but just no time to use them right now. I could never make anything like you do though!!

I hope I have more time than THAT when I retire!!!!! :lol:

Thanks for the positive strokes, buddy. Once I get this deer and turkey fall/winter huntin' out of my system, I'll be divin' right back into this flute journey.

aj

I have so much to do it seems that it is hard to squeeze in much more. It amazes me when I hear people get bored. There is not enough time to get bored.

My interests just bounce from one thing to another, diving, detecting, computers, photography, I want to start playing the banjo again, helping my morher, brother, two homes to keep up, kayaking, etc.

This wnter I want to really start on the banjo again but I have been saying that for years.

Like they say, "I don't know how I ever had enough time to work!"