Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The John Lynn, aka Norfolk Wolf DVD

Andy Sabisch

This subject seems to have created a fire storm and taken on a life of it's own. A thread was started that discussed this DVD (which is an excellent leanrning tool but just to clarify, is not filmed using the Deus as it was put out before the Deus was available . . however it does cover XP detectors and has some excellent reference in terms of tones and sounds). Unfortunately there were some individual posts in the thread that discussed copying the DVD for forum members as well as steering members to other forum sites. Both of these are not following the rules that Gary (Guvner) has established and as a result, rather than trying to edit individual posts, the thread was removed.

Gary (Guvner) posted the following in the replacement thread that was posted . . . . .

If we find out you are using our forum/messaging service to facilitate pirating you will be terminated as a member and... If any law enforcement wants records they will have full access to your records and emails to help in your prosecution. We will assist and have in the past. This is way past serious.

I hope that clears up this matter for the future. Note it says "Members Messaging". Not a word about "Private".

Guvner..

Several posts were then made on the replacement thread with members "falling on their swords" which is not needed. Gary posted his message and the issue is closed . . . . .

So with that behind us, Julian (PortADetector) posted the following offer:

This does seem to have gotten out of hand but I do have 10 ORIGINAL NORFOLK WOLF DVD's i have purchased and they are available for anyone on the forum that is interested in one - first come, first served. They are being offered as a favor to the XP Community who obviously were struggling to find a copy for sale in the US.

If you are interested in a copy, send a message directly to Julian and he will get you the logistics . . . . . .

Enjoy the holidays and may 2013 be a great year for everyone!

John was the main field tester for XP with the Deus for well over 12 months and he wrote two very good detailed features in the Treasure Hunting magazine in the early part of 2010.

These were at one time available of the internet.

I believe that there will be a Deus video out before very long by another very experienced and respected XP man of many years standing.

Its a case of watch this space.

A very Happy Christmas to you all and full finds pouches in 2013.:thumbup: Jerry.

Jerry

You are correct in that John's reports were detailed and informative. They are available on the XP's website on the Deus page (http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/XP-DEUS).

I've heard that there is a DVD on the Deus under production which will help people master the detector.

As some of you know, I am also working on a book that will cover the Deus through Version 3.0 of the software which will be another tool to assist users in getting to know their detector.

Best of luck to all in the field in 2013!

Andy Sabisch

I spoke with the owner of Regton in the UK who is the primary contact for XP in that country and had been the source of the DVD's produced by John Lynn.

Unfortunately, Nigel said that the DVD was not being produced any longer and their last copy literally was sold less than a week ago. They had bought all of the remaining stock taht XP had when they found out the DVD was not being produced and now that inventory is depleted.

If you are looking at getting one of the DVD's on the XP line (remember, it covers the technology but not the Deus specifically), you better get with Julian as what he has is pretty much it unless you find a used copy for sale.

Andy Sabisch

Remember, it

i believe its in the public domain on you tube, in parts

That is a facty.

You need the whole DVD as its the XP sounds that folks need to crasp and understand.:thumbup: Jerry,

I have been using the Deus for a while now
I received a DVD by Norfork Wolf
Although it does not show the Deus being used with the sounds over the XP range be the same
The DVD is XP Explained
Regards Williap

As I have been saying for the last 3 years thats what the Deus is all about understanding it Sounds/Language.

Master them and use the controller as a confirmation and you have will have it sussed.

There will be a DVD out very soon for the Deus again from a private source.:thumbup: Jerry.

Andy Sabisch said:
I spoke with the owner of Regton in the UK who is the primary contact for XP in that country and had been the source of the DVD's produced by John Lynn.

Unfortunately, Nigel said that the DVD was not being produced any longer and their last copy literally was sold less than a week ago. They had bought all of the remaining stock taht XP had when they found out the DVD was not being produced and now that inventory is depleted.

If you are looking at getting one of the DVD's on the XP line (remember, it covers the technology but not the Deus specifically), you better get with Julian as what he has is pretty much it unless you find a used copy for sale.

Andy Sabisch

Wow, I feel very lucky, not as lucky as finding a 18k diamond ring, but still lucky. My daughter ordered one from Nigel as a Christmas present for me on the 11th and it was delivered on time! Maybe not the last but certainly one of the last. It can be viewed on my computer and on my home theater with my Yamaha BluRay but not with my Sony BluRay. I found it interesting and it does present some good clues how the Deus should behave. It goes over the ADX, Adventis, G-Max and Gold Max series in good detail but, since many of their features were incorporated into the Deus, much of it applies.

Just an update to this - i am flying back from England on the 16th and will contact those who have messaged me about obtaining one of these DVD's. I have 10 copies and i think about 5 are spoken for already.

Julian

dubmurphy said:
Since deus seems to upgrade every year would a book on the older versions be worth my investment?

The book will cover Version 1.2, Version 2.0 and Version 3.0 . . . . . . sort of the way the Minelab Explorer and E-Trac Handbook covered the various incarnations of the FBS detectors

Andy Sabisch

Oh very good. I was not aware it would cover all three versions. That definitely sounds like it would be quite a resource to have.