Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Itch

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
Due to various reasons and excuses its been almost a year since i've gotten out. Recently though the itch to detect has gotten so bad it had to get scratched.

Here in central texas its rained only once this year.The weather is unbearably hot and its dryer than a desert. The ground is hard, dry and very cracked.
Not very favorable for detecting.
In spite of these conditions the itch had to get scratched.

Saturday morning got out for almost 3 hours and hit a fair sized old lot. I have not had much luck in this area of town as i think its been targeted by many others' before.
My ears worked really well that first half hour...seemed like i could hear the distinction between every bell and beep the garrett 2500 made.
Pulled a couple quarters, five dimes and fifteen pennies at least one of them is wheat.

That wheat did not satisfy the itch so I had to get back out...this afternoon after work..it was hot but told myself to stay in the shade and to not be out for more than an hour.
Well, found another lot...this one pretty filled with trash...took my time...swung slow and happend to find some Calamine in the form of a 64 rosie.

Enjoy the pics and Happy Hunting!
[attachment 201953 004.JPG] [attachment 201954 017.JPG]

Nice hunt!:detecting:Good clad haul!:clapping:Congrats on the silver!:beers:Thanks for sharing!:biggrin:Happy Hunting!:)

What was that song in the 50's? " Poison Ivy" It drives me crazy when I can't get out and scratch my itch. Too hot in my area tho. Hoping the rain will cool things off soon. Thanks for sharing and nice finds, especially the 64 dime. HH

Ooops.<<<<:drinking:

Thanks for looking and the comments.
John, put some of your sweat in that cream and folks might buy it.
"A little dibby-dab of cream will get by when the weather is harsh."