Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The hunt is an excuse.............

Wayne in BC

and a flimsy one for those who know what wilderness is. Such an integral part of who and what you are.
Being at the top of the foodchain begs responsibility and humbleness. If one is callous about it they receive little more than than a fleeting and uncomfortable form of satisfaction, but for those whose lives are entwined with raw wilderness as i have been so fortunate, there is the lifelong pulse of that wilderness that remains deep within, that guides my actions and life.

If i could tell you a story that accurately described the simplicity and feeling of gazing at some emerald moss edging an icy spring, pungent with mineral salts, when i should be paying attention to my job of looking for fresh Moose tracks there in deference to my client. Or maybe just the nightly habit of lying in my bedroll, ever being the last one awake and taking for granted the russling scurry of a small creature heard slightly above the dark breeze in the midnight forest, all grey/black with unseen green. Then from up the valley, barely audible over the pure tinkling song of the stream and recognized by few, the birdlike chirp of cow Elk calling their calves and keeping each in touch with the comfort of the herd, then quick silence as a Wolf calls the hunt!

If i could do this with such wonder as my wilderness has given me, perhaps i could also soothe your soul as mine has been. Walk with me quietly, toe before heel and so slowly that a casual observer may not see movement. Move only your eyes the best part of the time, and even then, still them into a barely focussed state that will find the flicker of an ear or pick out an unnatural horizontal line that oft spells the difference between foliage and game. We are truly hunting now, enthralled by the oldest endeavor of mankind and shed of our tame and binding, chaffing life.......

Tomorrow, maybe up here, after a long series of fruitless stalks, we could locate from miles away, a delinquent Elk herd to be hunted yet another day. Would you like to come along?
[attachment 65707 abovebasecamp2.jpg]

with you Wayner! It looks like we just might be able to.:thumbup:

I remember lying next to a dying campfire, long after everyone else has fell asleep and thinking about how fortunate I was to be able to enjoy mother natures best. How fortunate I have been to be able to occasionally enjoy those moments.

So many young people will never get the chance and many of those that will will miss them because they are too busy playing video games and such, even in the north woods. I have seen that with my grandkids right up here in our little part of heaven.

I have not lived the life you have blessed with but I have those same feelings when in the wilderness. The touch with nature and the love for what it holds.

I love your storys Wayne. They are filled with what I feel about mother nature.:thumbup:

take the time to soak in all the sights and sounds that Mother Nature and God allows us, just by reading this first story. I'm ready. Although our daddy taught us the love of the outdoors, he has been gone a long time, and now I am ready to experience it again after oh so many years. Count me in, I can't wait!

Wonderful start! :)

Mind you I never looked at you with hunger so I guess you could not die of ecstasy!! :lol:

fair winds

Mikie