Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Hunt before the Storm (1st Ring-08)

Indiana-FH

Well here we set in Southern Indiana. Ice - snow and sleet.:ranting:. Howerver I was able to do a little
hunting before all this, was able to get out with my BH 505...and hit the camp grounds and school
yard. As usual came away with some clad - some junk. but his time dug up a high school class ring
that looked as if it had been in the ground for a long while. After a little clean up. It shows a Grad. date of
1983. Lookes like it belonged to a young girl. And since the snow and ice will keep me inside, looks like
I will be during a lot or research and try to find a way to get this class ring back to this Young Lady who I am
sure by now will be surprised to have it again.

Fred

How will you find the owner? Particularly if it has no monogram or anything? I think it is a great thing to do and would be inclined to do the same but where do you begin?

Typically a class ring will have the graduating year and the first and last initials of the owner. By researching the schools graduating class for that year you can narrow it down by locating the person(s) that have those initials. Once you have a name it is a matter of searching the phone book for family names. In the case of a young woman it is likely she has married. If you can locate any family members they would most likely be very happy to provide the married name. I think returning a lost class ring to it's owner would be an exciting experience. I would love to see the look on their face when they get it back after so many years. Good Luck Indiana FH, please keep us posted if you are able to bring the two together.

well it has the high school name on it.. plus it does have a monogram inside.. So I will start with the School and see if I can match the monogram with someone
out of the 83 grad. class. So I will try that maybe there is an alumni group etc. etc. .. Think it is going to be a hard job.. but what the heck with all this snow and
ice on the ground.... think I will have time to work on it....

This would be a great post to follow up on if you find the owner. I'd be very interested to hear their response too!

Good luck with that Indiana. Hope you find her.