Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Hollow tree in Stanley Park...

ojm bc

[attachment 53630 hollowtree1907.jpg]Hi folks:
The hollow tree in our magestic Stanley Park is most likely the most photograped landmark of the park.Willy,Rod.and I recently had luck detecting in the nearby grass fields.This big old tree is only a shadow of it's 1888 years,when the park started.Just the other day a tourist asked Willy if this was the famous Hollow tree that once was on the cover of National Geographic.Willy mentioned it was and the tourist mumbled he had a bigger tree in his own yard.

I hope to dig a few coins out of the nearby fields it certainly is old enough to be hiding a few oldies here and there.As most areas we know have been developed beyond recognition but just keep an eye open for some off beat areas.Trees and there roots are a sure thing for unearhing older coins,near the edges of the fields another good potential treasure area.

Once I have dug a old coin I stay there for may hunts a keeper may not show up the first few digs but I know from experience one or two will definitly be revealed.As the old saying goes a spot is really never hunted out,this has been proven right over and over.I like to hunt after a heavy rain and target the iffy signals,this method has been successfull.

Stanley park took a sucker punch last year and a heavy wind storm devasted the park,it looks like a clearcut as I write,the gale did 9 million in park damages.Parts of the seawall has tumbled onto the beach,magestic tress laden all over each other like toothpicks.Trails unrecognisable wild life in turmoil.

Well like most black clouds there is a silver lining in the futhure,the citizens and government have donated millions to rebuild the park.Thousands of trees have been ordered for the replant,yes it will take another 75 years to regrow,but it will be a magestic park for the genarations ahead to enjoy.And for the Hollow tree that was just growing by a thread it survived the hurricane completey unscathed.

hh oj bc

....it is near me and in the summer I often hunt a few hours before dark,it relaxes me like many in the hobby.Have a nice summer,see you Wayne.

oj :)

n/t

this morning I was watching "Closed Case Files" and they were talking about an old mystery that is connected with that park.

They showed the park and it is really a thick forest! There were a couple boys murdered in the late 40's and a couple since that they have never solved.

That old tree survived the storm then??

Hi Ron..there are lot of beach areas here,but I preffer field hunts.When the grass starts to dry up in the summer then I hunt the beaches.Lately me and Willy have been trying a old militery beach.Hope to find a few artifacts.

hh oj :)

It looks like it was a thousand yrs. old back in 1888. Love the pic and story OJ.:thumbup:

Today's stump holes in the yard were yesterday's locations for a big tree with (maybe) a swing and plenty of good shade for a picnic or play time. You just can't tell.

Thanks for sharing that old tree. Hope you find something noteworthy.

aj

I have heard much about this park.I bet there have been lots of goodies recovered from the ground there.But the best part is.....There have got to be lots more just waiting!Go get em Orlando!