Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The high price of gold is hurting us

Rockpile

In my opinion the high price of gold and platinum is hurting us hunters. People are moving away from gold and platinum into cheap, worthless metals. The attached photo is a pile of 55 rings that are worthless. They are all titanium or tungsten Carbide. I found them during 2009. I only found 9 such pieces of trash in the previous 15 years. This whole pile is not worth one gold band for resale value, LOL. I think the aluminum flip tops we toss in the trash might bring a higher price from the scrap metal guys, LOL. Just what does one do with a barrel full of these??? Perhaps we could crush them and use them as abrasive in the coin tumbler, LOL.

I wore one when I went to Iraq. I didn't want to mess up my good ring. I would suggest finding thier sizes and selling them on Ebay or craigslist. They may not have any scrap value but they certainly aren't cheap to buy from a store.

i hate finding them - i remember a time when each one of them would of been a nice heavy bit of yellow metal, even still they make a good collection - just keep chucking them in a bucket i was thinking of lining the bottom af a fish tank with them instead of pebbles - thought it might look good.

in july i had a fellow come up to me and wanted to know if i would look for his wedding band..........................

i did and found it.................loud, i ask before i dug it up, what kind of ring was it........................tungsten he said.....................out she popped.........................did get a 20.00 tip for that piece of crap........:)

See if you can find a local jewelery store and see if you can set up a display and sell them. maby split the profit with the store.

you could always donate them to some kids......halloween tricks or treats....:detecting::clapping::minelab:

I see what you're saying, but I love digging rings or anything but a pull tab or a pop top.:detecting:

Sell them in a craft sale at lease you'll get something for them.

It's true. 10 years ago I would never see one these, but now they are showing up all too often in place of gold..

Better than finding the &&&^^^%%$#@ 925 silver junk. I've got hundreds of silver rings that are next to worthless. A nice silver ring is unsaleable and scrap price is about $3.00 each. Some hunters like to find rings, but " if it ain't gold, it ain't nothing", better to find clad coins, LOL....................

Hi Rockpile; thats an impressive pile there. yes it may be scrap but but at least yur finding them. Here in Bostn we each average about 10 - 15 rings a year. When I see a pile like that I drool. Keep it up theres always a silver lining.Looks like you got the makings of the clouds outline hahaha. Until l ater; PEACE:RONB