Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Hesitant Caller

Arkie John

The Hesitant Caller

About five or six weeks ago, I got a late-night call from someone who obviously just wanted to harass. I would say "hello, hello?" All I heard was breathing and background noise. It was a Friday night. Every thirty minutes I would get this call, and not knowing where my kids are exactly anymore (they are both on their own now) I cannot ignore calls coming in late night or in the wee hours of the morning-I just can't.

This individual called me about six times, systematically interrupting my sleep. Each time they would call I got a little more frustrated and gave them an evermore increasingly terse monologue with each new call. I guess they were loving it. Then, in the silence, I just prayed for it to stop. Before I had even finished the prayer, the phone abruptly rang once again. Then it hit me.

I calmly picked up the phone. "Hello? Hello? With no answer I slowly and methodically recited the 23rd Psalm. They did not hang up at first. I heard quivering in their breath, and then just a click. No more calls. I still did not sleep. I thought how sad that I could not engage the person on the other end of the line in conversation that--perhaps--could have changed their eternity! I prayed for them and finally was rewarded with two and a half hours of unbroken sleep before the sun came up.

I got up and remembered the scripture "His mercies are made new each morning..." and I thanked Him and prayed for my harasser-turned-hesitant caller.

Scripture is so very powerful, because it tells us of our soon-coming King and what we must do to be prepared for His coming. You can bet the caller will not forget that call, for a very long time.<><

AJ

Have a good Good Friday. He didn't.

its hard to pray for someone you feel like giving them a good beating or worse,maybe not you,but i do.you did the right thing,if you don't mean it when you pray for them your just spinning your wheels.

No,he won't forget it soon but it might have also changed his or her life.Rolled away the stone so to speak. No,it certainly was not a good day for him....but it was the beginning of great days for all who believed and followed to this day. The greatest most wonderful thing to happen in the history of mankind was the rolling away of a stone to discover a empty tomb.Have a wonderful Easter

The caller was sick and in need of a physician........you supplied him with the number. :thumbup:

Without the resurrection, there would be no hope at all for man.

Sadly, He reminds us that His supreme gift, for most, is like a gift offered at Christmas and left unopened under the tree. That unopened/unaccepted gift will never be able to benefit anyone as long as it remains unopened.,,and that is up to each and every one of us.

Matthew 27:22. The question each man will answer sooner or later.

aj

n/t