Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the hawk - an amazing bird

GRAY GHOST

hello all, we were doing a job at a granary in richmond the other day, and walking out the door of the building saw two pigeons on a wire, out the corner of my eye. not paying much attention to them, a brown blur suddenly dive bombed and struck both pigeons. the hawk immediatley had one of the pigeons, had caught it in mid air during its fall and flew off with it clutched in its talons. the other pigeon hit the ground and soon died of a broken neck. all of this in a second or two, it was an awesome example of the powers of nature. just awesome. two in one lick... had to do a double take.

I had a friend that had a hawk snag a starling right off his bird feeder and I saw one fly past my car and grab a bird of some sort off a bird bath right along the dirt road I was slowly driving along.

One of my neighbors saw an eagle snag a running rabbit from the side of the road. She could not believe it. The rabbit had just ran in front of her and she had breaked and the eagle came out of nowhere, from behind her and snagged that sucker.

Thanks for posting. Nature is so interesting

you cannot go into town without seeing at least 10 of them. These are the small hawks [coopers, sparrow] that are hunting the mice, voles and rabbits in the valley.

Fair winds

Mikie

It is really fun to watch the birds of pray hunt. While boating we keep an eye out for the bald eagles......who is keeping an eye out for a fish.....who keeping an eye out for................well you know how it goes.

A truly majestic bird and Nancy has taken some very nice pictures of them.

that had a cardinal it was chasing squalling,i saw it about a month ago on my sisters place,the cardinal flew up into a bush where the hawk had a hard time getting at it,i think it escaped.

I raised one up back in the early 60's and turned it loose. Cute little sucker. Here is one with a starling

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42969000/jpg/_42969843_sparrowhawk.jpg

to be the favorite food of hawks,i saw a redtail snatch one in flight.i'm pretty sure the hawk population around here is up,i use to hardly see them.