Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Great Hunts begin ... Pt 2

SurfCutter

In thanks for returning the camera equipment ,to Richard (He had a part time photographic service before opening a detector shop),I was invited up to visit them for a long weekend ,memorial day weekend to be exact, this soon became a much looked to forward trip many years.
If it was not so then it was very soon there after that Richard and Heather were the importers for Garrett detectors for the northeast of Canada at that time. They also had the other brands and detector lines that they would bring in from time to time as their customers wanted much like some dealers today.
This group of 7 or 8 Canadians that I had the good fortune to meet were from parts of ONT. and QUE. one was this interesting gentlemen, Sandy Cline and his wife Rita

http://www.sandycline.com/

Let me get back to Richard , there are people you meet in this hobby that by skill , luck , grace of motion or by persona leave a lasting imprint on one and all they meet . Richard has skill and luck and if you did not know him first you would or could mistake his persona as a bit rough with the smirk of one who knows they are good and has the good to prove it ...a.k.a gold or old silver . I am still in awe as I think back to watching him tune up and walk out on a beach and not with any direct pattern start to pull gold or old silver off the beach( Water Hunting ) with an almost maddening ease for those of us that have trouble just finding our feet or the lesser luck of having to hunt the whole beach with a total coverage type search pattern .
Richard had no such needed but he did use a pattern just to try to get what we all know " No one gets it all ..."
Heather was the business mind of the company she did not detect but did enjoy the treasures of the hunt and supported Richard in his hunts.
Richard had gotten a map of all the old beaches in and around Montreal all with care we hunted those we could get to given both our safety and if they still had sand to hunt in the water . Most of these beaches dated back to the 40's and had not been hunted or hunted very very little this made any good finds either gold or silver , clad in these places for the most part was a rare find ...

end of part 2

Bill g.

To think at one time this fit me ..lol I will some day put these patches on another hunt vest , but as far as I know the clubs here are all but a memory ...

I have had buddys that were early into detecting and there finds were amazing. We have to hunt a little harder and be happy with less. That is ok with me :thumbup:

share his hunting grounds with you! Your vest and patches are impressive, and you should re-sew them on something where you can show them off! Can't wait for more stories of your times together! :)