Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"The Friendship" at Derby Wharf / Salem Massachusetts

Ron J

If i remember correctly,Derby Wharf may have been one of the first "National" Historical sights,or something of the sort,so don't shoot me if I'm wrong. But i can tell you for sure,Derby Wharf made Salem one of the most important and biggest Ports,for Trading in the East,China,for example in the early 1800's. The vessel is "THE FRIENDSHIP" a replica made in the past twenty years for the Park Service.Besides being able to sail on a whim (providing she has the crew)she is also powered by a nice hidden little Diesel engine. They did a great job building her. Imagine if this street could talk?[attachment 53876 CoalShip033.jpg] Cars do not belong in this photo,maybe a horse and buggy,can't ya just picture walking down this street,and seeing 20 ships tied to that wharf! There were warehouses covering the entire wharf. Would like to detect along that area,at low tide. Imagine what was dropped overboard for over a hundred years? RJ[attachment 53877 cannon021.jpg][attachment 53878 cannon028.jpg][attachment 53879 cannon024.jpg][attachment 53880 cannon022.jpg][attachment 53881 cannon020.jpg]

n/t

That is what a ship needs.. What a ship truly is........... is freedom!!!.

Thank you Ron. :)

fair winds, calm seas

M

Nevertheless, it's one beautiful ship. Gorgeous pics Ron !:clapping:

i thought salem was a whaling city,maybe i got it wrong:).i'd bet some sailors got clipped by no goods at one time or the other.sailors were like miners,there was always somebody after their money.

n/t