Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Explorer is a turn on and go machine! Don't let anyone tell you any different!

Jim Vokes NY

Check my set up and then go detecting immediately!

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jvokes/simple.htm

I totally agree Jim....the only add I would make is that so many new Explorer II users make it harder than they have to. They tend to get overwhelmed with all of the adjustment possibilities. If they would only get some 30 to 50 hours "solo" on the machine before they begin experimenting, much of the mystique would disappear. I would like to ask for your permission to copy and use your simple set up instructions for my new customers?

I only see two things that I would not do, and one for sure with new customers.
I would not use FAST ON, Depending upon Sensitivity, the area that is hunted and maybe your GAIN setting, I have found that FAST ON causes more false good type signals, however that is using FERROUS and not CONDUCT, which is my second thing I would recommend different.

Sorry, but FERROUS has worked for me all these years and CONDUCT has not been my cup of tea.

I have only used FAST with success at a very junky spot only once, and like I said, I do get a lot of false signals using it.

I do believe most who have trouble using and learning the Explorer are former WHITE's users and that those who switched from Garrett or Fisher's have much less of a problem.... Just an long observed observation by mee. :)

Don

OH so many variatons that work well for many and some are like night and day...Have to admit , Jim's is certainly no frills and works.
Always remember my old hunting partner who was an XLT Guru of sorts and his programs were nothing fancy but they worked and went deep..heck saw him pull 8 inch silver dimes with that 5.3 coil....

n/t

n/t

n/t

Thanks....Jim...credit is always given where credit is due....and in this case it is due you! If every new Explorer or Quattro user would just read what you wrote...we wouldn't hear much more about the long...difficult....learning curve. Sure it takes a while to learn the language of any machine....but if one just takes that time....WOW!

Since I have your permission, I am going to print out your Setup Instructions and add them to evey new Explorer and Quattro I sell.

Thanks....:stars::minelab::thumbup:

I actually found your website as a link off Amy's. Briefly knew her back in 80's from MD club. Good site you got there too!