Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The day they caught the "Tater".......or.......How I paid my debt to society.

WillyP

If memory serves, this story takes place in the summer of 1971. I had been living pretty much on my own since I was fifteen and a half years old and in doing so, I had become for all intents and purposes...a survivor. I had knocked around after finishing high school and my internment on a friend

how long did you drive that truck:).i'd say you were lucky to survive,but i bet you learned several lessons for the life ahead.

Good story. I did not realize just how much of a rowdy you were. And long hair??? Guess you are paying the price for that now!!! :lol:

calm seas

M

I drove for just over a year and you're right, I learned some very valuable lessons. Probably why I straightened up so fast. Seems like a lifetime ago.

n/t

:lol: I see you raised your own type of he11 when you were younger. Me too, only I was a lot more foolish! :lmfao: Great story!

Dave

n/t

n/t

n/t

as I traveled through that area at least once a week. My van looked like a tornado hit it from them searching the vehicle over the weekend.

picked up hitch hikers all the time, and there was never anything to be afraid of! Now days, I still have that tendancy to pull over and help, but you cannot trust people like we used to! Show us a photo of you long hair, hippy days! I look back at them now, and think how funny. I had on tunic tops, bellbottoms, and thong sandals a lot. Funny, my seventeen year old wears them now and think they are so cool. I even bought a tunic top just the other day, with some embroidered jeans! I think they were a size of two bigger now than back then though! :lol: Thanks for sharing some of your growing up! Keep em coming, they are good memories! :)

n/t

a lot of memories. I was the black sheep of our family and had a lot of those kind of times myself.

At one time I had to stay 3 days in jail too, and it was the LONGEST time. I was in the drunk tank where all time stood still. It does get crowded in there on week ends. I was there long enough to know that I didnt want to come back!

Back in the early 70's I hitched to Memphis a few times and was always going to Little Rock on the weekends to play frisbee of something of that sort.I would NEVER pick up another hitchiker now unless I saw a woman broke down etc..etc.

Thanks for an enjoyable story Willy.

Peace Brother!

Lil Brother:)

As you write, it's funny how memories and images flood in. Sometimes hard to keep the story straight. Thanks for reading and thanks for the compliment. Cheers brother.
WillyP

Only six doobies ? What'd you do for the ride home ?:lol: I'm glad we have police and such but I swear the odd one puts on his tights and cape in a phonebooth. Your stories are a great read Willy.

n/t