Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Day Has Arrived

special Ashlea is to you, and Virginia, as all of our daughters are supposed to be! She has also been very blessed to have found the "daddy" in you. That was God's special blessing for her. You have been a wonderful Dad, and for that she will never forget!

Just remember how smart you were at eighteen!!! (This too, shall pass)! :lol:

You give her a big birthday hug and kiss from her Aunt Linda!

Love, Sis

Specially daddy's girls........BUT, I have to admit that I'm a little curious to find out what a quiet and organized house is going to feel like.:lol: My youngest two are eighteen and seventeen this summer. Both starting university next year (in town). They've already served notice that they have no intention of leaving home for quite a while yet. Just my luck !:cry: Seriously though John, it'll be tough when that day does arrive. Time sure sneaks up on us. I hope Ashlea has an awesome eighteenth birthday and I hope the memories of this day reflect the years of love devoted to bring her to this special point in her life. Very touching post Arkie !

p.s.- I love the red plate idea !!:thumbup:

n/t

And when our youngest left the nest it was HARD. Way to quiet around the house don't you know.I kept them (and still keep them) lifted up in prayer but spent some anxious times.Funny,at this time in our relationship the shoe has gone on the other foot so to speak...They WORRY about me.Not that I want them to or encourage it in any way but they do.I am very proud of the wonderful,respectful,sucessfull kids we have raised.I made a bunch of mistakes but never forgot to remind them of my unconditional love for them-of this they never had a doubt.Many times I stood on the promise to "Train up a child in the way of the Lord and when they grow old they will not depart from the way" We did and they didn't.Thank God!

I have no doubt your daughter will do fine.You will miss her and have some lonely nights but will get used to the quiet house.May God go with her.

when she gets her own family and THEY come first. That is when the apron string is really cut. Mamma and Daddy are not first any more but her family will be. It is normal but I have seen some that have a hard time excepting it.

She is about to step into the real world now and it can be an adventure. She will make mistakes but they are hers to make, as we did ours and we can not protect them for ever.

Good luck to She and you on your great adventure:thumbup:

Been there twice Arkie, and I know what you're feeling. A whole bag of mixed emotions! Please wish Ashlea a Happy Birthday for me and give her an extra special hug!

Dave

The red plate dinner turned out great--poppy-seed chicken, salad, hot rolls, (real) bananna pudding.

I gave Ashlea a copy of this story and she responded with many tears and a long, long hug. Life is great!

Thanks for each read and write. You guys (and gal) just can't be beat!

aj