Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The cute woman said that she was recently divorced...................

Kelley (Texas)

Early this evening while riding the motorcycle, I pulled into a rest stop so that I could take a short rest. I was sitting at a picnic table drinking my first cup of coffee when a motorcycle pulled into the rest stop and parked behind my bike. When the rider got off the bike and removed the helmet, I noticed that the rider was a woman...kinda cute, in her mid to late 30's. She headed in the direction of the restrooms and I went back to drinking my coffee. After a few minutes she returned and went to her bike. She got a thermos from a saddle bag and came over to me and asked if she could share the picnic table with me...I said that is OK with me. She started talking...she was from Dallas and was heading for Corpus Christi to visit with her brother for a week. She said that she was an office manager for some real estate company in Dallas and was recently divorced...she just wanted to get out of Dallas for a few days. After a few more minutes of her talking, she said that she was worn out from riding most of the day and did not feel like traveling on to Corpus Christi today. She asked if she could spend the night with me...it sorta shocked me. I said No! I told her that I was happily married and it was time for me to hit the road for home. I screwed the lid onto the thermos and headed for my bike. It did not take me but seconds to put my helmet on and crank the bike...I flew out of that rest stop and headed for home. I do not know if she left immediately behind me or not, so I turned off the highway and took some back roads home. This is the first time something like this has happened to me. I think that she was probably telling the truth because her saddle bags were fully packed and she had two or three other bags strapped to her bike. I personally think that she was possibly on the make and probably thought that I was a single biker. I will never know, but I did the right thing by escaping out of that situation. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

and told them I am gay. That works better than the wife excuse. They think they have a chance if you have a wife. They know you are probalby being driven nuts if you are a married man.

Maybe you ought to get that book from Rob, if he is still around anywhere. Carry it in the open on your bike. That ought to go over good in Texas. Right next to the Obama sticker:thumbup:

You sure did the right thing though Fred. If you had happened to be single she would have probably have ever disease except dandrif:rofl:

n/t

in what had happened. I did think long and hard about whether or not to post the incident on the Forum...might not fit in here. I am going to add the story to my journal that I have been compiling about my adventures while riding the bike. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

If that had happened to me it would have scared me to death! I probably would have wrecked the bike getting out of there!:lol::lol:

n/t

made the right choice. Why settle for hamburger when you have steak at home. It happens more often in a group of mixed riders and pretty often if your at a gathering and brought the bike and everyone wants to go for ride. You keep thinking to yourself, I guess this bike doesn't make my a$$ look big or old. For sure its flattering but by now we are settled down and can handle these stresses.

Interesting post Fred. Keep the shinny side up and ride safe. We lost 2 riders here last night. One on I 95. They said he just started flipping over, like 3 times. I suspect the front brake locked up. The other went off the road in a turn.... Most of my riding is still weekdays, mid day till dusk on pretty empty roads of cars. As they start coming home in a rush, George is back in the barn....

Geo

This past weekend, two were killed...one hit by a car and the other was evidently drunk late at night and lost control of the bike. I have had a couple of close calls here recently with cars either pulling out in front of me or turning in front of me. As for the woman at the rest stop, that was the first time that I have encountered something like that while riding the bike. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

gonna be honest with ya and give my single man reply ;)

You old lucky dog you :lol:, I would have been on that like a duck on a jun bug in the middle of a Alabama hot summer in july :rofl:

Just kidding with ya Kelley, I couldn't resist ;)

I should taken the time to tell her about you and then given her gas money to go to Alabama. You could have thought of it as being an early Christmas gift. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :lol: :lol: :lol: