Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the county sun emailed me.... :blink:

so, the county sun (the local Georgetown Texas newspaper) emailed me, turns out that they read my post about how i found the seated quarter, and the IH penny here in town, and i told him about some other little stuff i had found as well, the 1840s civil war button...some WWII relics, stuff like that. his editor think it would be cool to write a story on me..i guess theres not many people metal detecting around here. Hes going to interview me today, so that will be pretty cool i guess. never been in the paper before.

Be careful, you could have archaeologists coming out your ears saying you are destroying the archaeologic record with that infernal metal detector. I let them interview me out at the lake and the next thing I know, the Corps commander is jumping on me, thinking I was detecting on places other than the swim beach.
Choose your words carefully, all they need is a little ammo to ban us from even more places than we already are. Williamson Co. or G'Town is already thinking of suspending detecting in the parks, so watch what you say!!

I also agree with BCD. There have been many instances in the past where someone reported finding a nice treasure, only to end up hiring a lawyer to defend himself. There was some body up here several years ago who found a very impressive, historically significant relic. Out of the goodness of his heart, he contacted an archaeologist and wanted to donate it. He was charged and fined :(

Remember to mention during the interview that all of your found targets were found on property where you received permission.

Do NOT mention WHERE these properties exist. Then you should be pretty safe. Good luck! :)

When I was interviewed by a reporter, I told her it was a healthy outdoor sport. Where you can find coins and an occasional ring. I told her about trying to return anything I found that had an initial or name on it. Seeing the joy on their faces was priceless. I was a good citizen by picking up trash and volunteering my services to the police department.
I don't think she bought it all. The article was called, " Everyday people". It was just a picture with a small caption. Great picture of my ACE 250!!
I tried to pr the hobby. I just don't have a way with women reporters or women bank tellers.:sadwalk:

yeah i just told him 1 place where i found anything, and that was a coin.. its a house that is now a survey company. i told him basically that this world is turning into a concrete jungle and i want to pull history out of the dirt before it becomes a parking lot. they took my pic with a plate of trash that i have found.. random stuff like some old tractor parts, a few rings, some old cars..a couple 3 merry widows condom tins..LOL.

Hey that's great. You must be in a really small town which means it probably hasn't been detected to death.

Bill

Yeah the Archies are always on the prowl. We don't have any problem with them out here but then Oregon is big on personal freedoms.

Bill

n/t

Good deal with the trash. I rarely tell anyone about the goodies I find, especially the oldies. I dont know how many times Ive been asked if I can do that or if what Im doing is legal... people today are more inclined to think that way than they used to be. The idea of personal liberty and individual pursuit is a fading thing, it seems, in our rush to have government control our safety, our very lives, in fact.