Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Birthday Fish - Part 1

Sunny

Hi everyone! First of all, I just want to say thanks for all the prayers you threw my way, because I am now in the third day of my "recouperation mode" and getting better every day. The surgery I had was a bit invasive, and I have to stay down as much as possible, and take somemore goofy drugs, and hopefully I will be back as good as new by this time next week. Even though this has slowed me down, I couldn't have asked for a better 54th birthday.

As you may know, last Thursday, Scott and I went down to the beer camp, uh I mean deer camp, as the guys were all having a "work weekend", and of course I tagged along because I wanted to go fishing before I had to go to the hospital the following Monday. So we stayed until Sunday afternoon.

When we arrived, and got the RV all set up, I was just watching my husband go thru his rituals of getting everything just so-so, and thought to myself, "He's making "The Monk" look bad". :lol: Really, he is so precise and a bit obsessive/compulsive, that you would think he was getting prepared for the President to visit. I guess it's better that one of us is this way! As I have previously said, we are the perfect odd couple.

We spent Thursday night by ourselves, then bright and early Friday morning ( my actual birthday ) all the other guys started arriving. Of course I was the only woman there, but I don't get in their way. I generally just fish, and fish then fish somemore while they are doing their "manly things" to get the camp going.

Well, on this birthday morning I got up feeling really good. As usual, my little 12 foot fishing boat that Lil Brother has loaned me to keep in the camp pond as I have named it, was sitting in the water ready to go. My small trolling motor was attached, my tackle box, fishing poles, paddle and cushion were patiently (and I might add perfectly placed,sitting there just waiting for me and my bucket of minnows, ready and raring to go. The sun was shining, and it was so peaceful. Just this alone is enough to make me smile.

I turned on the trolling motor, backed out of my "parking place" and decided to go back to the spot where Lil Brother, me and Scott had fished a couple of weeks back. My fishing barometer said the fishing was going to be good, so I was really happy then. I had not seen any water moccasins, so that made me even happier, and just had a feeling it was going to be a great day!! After all, I had three dozen of the biggest minnows I could find at the bait shop the previous evening, and I felt sure they knew it was my birthday and that I they would work really hard at doing their job......which was to catch big fish! Remember......my daddy always told me "Sissy, the bigger the minnnow you use, the bigger the fish you will catch!" Now he might have been kidding me, but I really don't think so.

Well, as I was saying, I was trolling to the spot where I wanted to start, got one of the rods out, and put a minnow on. I adjusted my cork to where I thought it should be, noticing that there was a brim hook on it, but at the moment I thought I might just let it go, and after I had my other pole all set up, then I would change it out. Brim were not what I was fishing for! I wanted to get back into some of the crappie we had gotten into the few weeks before!

(to be continued)

I enjoyed reading this part #1 of your "Birthday Fish" story! Say, where did the water moccasins go? Will you be posting a picture of the fish that you caught? Again, glad you are back and I will be looking forward to part #2. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

PS: I still plan on allowing you to win once in a while! :rofl:

Keep the snake gun handy and loaded!! :)

Looking forward to part two.

Take care

Calm seas, fair winds

M

n/t

this story is gonna be a good one, I can feel it!

Dave

Now I just gotta know if you caught any big crappie