Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Bad Guy Got Away

I went out Sunday morning to a school play ground that has been here in Concord,NC since the 1920's.I parked my truck under the shade trees ,leaving the windows down,so it would stay cool,Went about my business looking for that silver or gold we all seek.I wasn't 100 yards from my truck,must have been on my knees digging.When I got up a guy was walking up the road smiling at me,didn't think much about it,just waved and said good morning.Well I wasn't too concerned until I got back to my truck.In the matter of a minute he had stole my cell,cigs and lighter,and check book off the visor.Wife told me to always lock up,but silly me I trust people.I rode all over town looking for him ,but no luck.It sure is a shame for people to be like this.Well I lock from now on.

Just for a game, lets see if I can discribe the type of guy who got you. Teenager with Pants saging down past his arse with underwear out, probably walks with a fake limp(you know how kids do that nowday), BB cap on sideways, and tennis shoe string not tied....I never leave my windows down, just cracked 2" enough to let hot air out and fresh air blow threw. I never leave them down at home. Sad sad world we live in today, some youngins have no respect for elders what so ever.

Just tonight I was at the park hunting a playground, next to it was a BB court where 3 teens just like that was playing BB. I kept one eye on them and one eye on my detector. Well, right before the sun was to go down they stop and was walking by the playground. I heard them talking to me but I ignored them, finally I looked up and said WHAT? I am hard hearing. They said finding anything, I said a few pennys.

They walked onto the playground and tried to talk to me as they got closer. When they ducted under a walkway and walk within 10ft of me. I started backing up acting like I was detecting. My detector beeped so I pulled my digger out and they stopped, it looks like a big 10" knife but its not. Then I turned and slowly walked away from them acting like I was detecting. I was ready incase they pulled something. Luckily they didn't. I figured if they tried anything it would be to take my MD. Whats wrong with all these young "beebop/hiphop/I'm bad" teens today. Life is a joke to them.

After that episode, I am getting a can of pepper spray just incase.

:thumbup:The economy is shot and you are out playing with a shiny expensive toy,you are a target! big time! heck with that crap,that treasure hunters should not carry a shovel because it looks bad,i live around Charleston,S.C. for the size the crime rate is worse than N.Y.I dig with a Sampson pro ball handle,solid steel,the thing shoots into the ground and cuts the roots in one thrust,cuts a nice pretty plug on the grass or anything that gets in the way! The only place i will not take it is to the beach.Our nice old parks are not so nice anymore,they are not going to ban treasure hunters here for carrying a shovel,the city government praises me for being one brave mo fo for being in the park alone with a toy!,my Sampson even has a shoulder strap on it,it also helps me scanning,like a short cane,it really is not that big or noticeable,but it is powerful,stay safe out there hunters!Charles,Charleston,S.C.

When the bad boy's come at you snooping and asking ?'s tell them you are trying to find evidence for the police,there was a crime committed here or a shooting,to move out of the way you are messing with evidence here! the police will be here in a minute and if the chief see's me goofing around we will all get into trouble! i use that one just about every day when i hunt around the Charleston ghetto's,works perfect every time,next time in the park the boy's see me they go the other way,they don't want nothing to do with someone that finds evidence for the cop's:thumbup:Charles.

Looking for evidence! That's good.

I always carry(with permit) something for the bad apples. If they don't bother me, I won't shoot them........:detecting:

Tejonman

What the heck is a Sampson pro ball handle, never heard of it before. Searched those words on the net and found nothing.

Only time I carry a shovel is in the woods, where the size of holes doesn't matter. But no matter if in the woods, field, or public property I fill in my holes and make them look like no one was there. I guess that's what us old folks call respect for others.

Parks, playgrounds, etc I only used a garden tool that looks like a big knife. Sometimes a foldup saw to cut thru roots. But after that episode in my park I will get some pepper spray. Those 3 punk kids that came up to me I really think had steelin on their minds. UNTIL. I pulled that big (knife looking) gardeners tool out...Stopped them in their tracks.

Also, when I go hunting. I don't dressup I dress raged. I wear my 15 yr old worn out Musky fishin hat and old clothes. I try to make myself look like an old hilljack who won't take anyones ???t.

paranoia runs deep!.into your life it will creep!..starts when your always afraid!..step outta line ,the man come,and take you away!

(h.h!)
j.t.

smart play on the old clothes!..don't look afraid!...look mean and nasty!....works!

(h.h!)
j.t.

in addendum!..also try "harsh" language,and carry a "big" stick!

(h.h!)
j.t.

n/t

What they can't stand more than anything else is to be 'dissed' (disrespected) I'm careful to not do that because that's what they are trying to get you to do. They already have it all worked out and justified in their mind that if they are dissed that's one of the best reasons to strike out. You don't have to eat poo from them...just don't give them another reason to do what they are trying to set up. I love it when I watch some of the police gang folks walk up to em and diss the crap out of them. They start shifting from foot to foot getting ready to lose it and the PD is just hoping they will as the police will not lose in this situation. Got too many of their buddies watching their backs. Besides the police shoot better because they don't hold their handguns sideways. But...that's cool so the bangers gotta do it that way. Jim

I don't think its as much as the economy as it is the drugs. My wife and I lived out in Portland for 8 years being trouble shooters for the largest apartment management group in Oregon. we have seen it all believe me. Finally just just to dangerous for us even on the really nice gated places.

One of the biggest problems we seen arise was the cheap prices for the new drug, Crack! Used to be really expensive for people to take the hard stuff like cocaine and those types. Now people can buy a fix for $5.00. They don't have to rob houses of expensive jewelry, coins and cars. Now the can steal anything they can sell or buy their fix for that makes them $5.00 fast. That really opens the doors to cheap crime and a ton of it. When they need their fix, they are going to get it even if it means killing someone for $5.00.