Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The AT Gold finds yet another GOLD RING :clapping:

Sgt. Silverman

After deciding to completely map out every tot lot in a 35 mile radius around my city, I climbed on Google maps this week and wrote out a complete list of every potential tot lot that I could detect at. So this morning I decided to try one that was furthest from my house, which was exactly 35 miles away and in an affluent community. I got there just as the sun was rising, and two hours later these were my finds. This has been the best producing and least trashy tot-lot I have hunted at thus far this year.

A special thanks to Mike for suggesting to reduce the sensitivity down as much as possible to get as close to the metal poles as possible. It was a litle more than a foot from the big metal pole that you see in the picture, plus I almost didn't dig this signal, the VDI was a low 43 (almost ALWAYS wadded foil), but something told me to dig. I was rewarded with Gold Ring #5 this year. Again, no personal engraving. It is marked with a PSCo which after looking up stands for "Plainville Stock Company of Plainville, Ma". It is a 10k gold, but I'm not sure on the stones. Amethyst maybe? Alissa believes so. But they are both very light purple.

Thanks for looking everyone and thank you to all of our Veteran's, and I pray each and everyone of you have a safe and happy holiday weekend. God Bless.

P.S. Yes, that is a LIVE 9mm round that was down 2". What it was doing on a tot-lot, I have no idea. I'm just glad it won't fall into the hands of a little kid now.

Greg

Gosh...you're really doing it up good! I didn't find a gold ring but enough for a load of laundry and some trinkets and, at 69 years old, I consider myself lucky and call it a day. Maybe the play grounds I go to are attended by poor people? :)

Yes Amethyst. Believe it or not that bullet was likely in a kids pocket. Ya done good! :thumbup:

Good stuff Greg, I also tot lotted it today in the rain, 97 coins and I am still not done I'll return tomorrow. Congrats on the gold!

n/t

Martin, Mike, Ma, Travis, Mike Chgo area, Rick & Pete, thank you very much for your kind words.

George, congratulations and I hope you had just of a productive day yesterday as you had on Saturday!

Knightsquad, the quickest way I did the search is I went to Google Maps and wrote down all of the cities and towns within a 35 radius of my home. Then, I typed in "Smithville NC parks" and I do this for every town and city. Then I zoom in and look for the quieter and more secluded ones first and put those at the top of the list. (I don't like being bothered detecting nor does it look to good to be a grown man at a toddler park without kids so I get there at sunrise and will stay about 2 to 3 hours, or when the first mom shows up with kids in tow and then I pack it in) After I map the secluded ones, I then make a "back-up" list. (I went to a park Saturday morning that looked great from the air and I couldn't get down to the street to see that they have installed a huge gate that didn't open until 8 am. so I went to my back-up plan which worked out great.)

This works for city parks, public schools (depending on where you live though, you may still need to ask for permission at some schools) etc.

I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing Memorial Day weekend. God Bless.

Greg

Enjoy the forum. God bless.

Cool! Good thinking!
Thanks buddy!

Pete

Sgt. Silverman said:
Martin, Mike, Ma, Travis, Mike Chgo area, Rick & Pete, thank you very much for your kind words.

George, congratulations and I hope you had just of a productive day yesterday as you had on Saturday!

Knightsquad, the quickest way I did the search is I went to Google Maps and wrote down all of the cities and towns within a 35 radius of my home. Then, I typed in "Smithville NC parks" and I do this for every town and city. Then I zoom in and look for the quieter and more secluded ones first and put those at the top of the list. (I don't like being bothered detecting nor does it look to good to be a grown man at a toddler park without kids so I get there at sunrise and will stay about 2 to 3 hours, or when the first mom shows up with kids in tow and then I pack it in) After I map the secluded ones, I then make a "back-up" list. (I went to a park Saturday morning that looked great from the air and I couldn't get down to the street to see that they have installed a huge gate that didn't open until 8 am. so I went to my back-up plan which worked out great.)

This works for city parks, public schools (depending on where you live though, you may still need to ask for permission at some schools) etc.

Greg

Sgt. Silverman said:

Greg

Good information and a good plan, thats how me and my buddy do it. Always good to have a plan B. Thanks Greg

43, wow that's a low number, was it a steady 43?
Nice diggings there!!! I have yet to hit gold, but
I need to bury more rings and check my
numbers then, my ring comes in at a steady
55, but that's above ground. practice practice practice!!

After serving in the Army Larry, I usually have a plan C,D & E too :) Murphy's law is AMAZING in this hobby! Thank you for your kind words.

Sonorguy: Yes, ULTRA low. I normally dig everything 46 and up. (Most of the gold rings have come in from 46 to 5:geek: But after detecting both of the tot lots AND the swing set area and only digging four pull-tabs, and no foil, something nagged me to dig it. To answer your question, yes, it was a SOLID 43 and that included turning a full 90 degrees. (It did jump up to the high 50's and then back down to a 43). I think I'm going to have to retrain myself to now dig everything over 40 and just deal with all the extra foil. After Saturday, I realized that the ring I found was SO thin, that if I assume it's going to be another yogurt lid or wad of foil I could really be missing out. So my advice; 39 and under, I'm not digging it. 40 and up seems to be the gold sweet spot.

Oh, most the nickels I find hit hard at 55 (there's a hard one to forget! :) Zincoln's from 70 to 78 and dimes and quarters from 78 to 88.

Thanks for the question and have a Blessed day.

Greg