Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The 6" coil impressed me today...

fwcrawford

I went back to the park that I searched yesterday and used the 6" coil today.
My most amazing find was a mercury dime right next to a part of a pipe union.
I got a signal that read a nice steady 27, but when I went at it from another angle, it read lower like around 20 and not consistent.
I dug a plug and found the bronze union ring and removed it and probed the hole with my pinpointer and got another signal in the side of the plug
which is about where I was getting that solid 27 at.
After finding the dime, I rechecked the hole and found a piece of iron strap that was too big or long to remove without making the hole larger.
I was impressed that even with that small coil, I got such a good signal on that dime with this large object so close to it.
Out of the hole and laying flat the bronze piece reads 37, but on edge which must have been the way it was in the hole, it reads around 20-22 and sometimes lower.
I actually found the dime about 5 feet away from where I found the two Mercs in the same hole yesterday.
I also found three wheat with the oldest one being a 1912.
Other than that I got some clad.
Thanks for looking!!
IMG_0382.JPG

Cool find!
I like the six, separates well and is very good in trash areas.
Tony
This is about the 4th time I have used this coil.
He first time I used it was at an old house that I had been to 3-4 times previously with the stock coil and made some nice finds.
The yard is littered with all kinds of junk and the signals get to be overwhelming after a while.. I figured with the smaller coil, I could process the signals easier.
I was impressed using it there…I found 24 more coins the first time using it and 18 more the next trip… and this is after pulling a lot of coins out the first few times with the stock coil which does well too.

Amazing how that little coil sniffed out that merc next to that large section of pipe union! I really like that merc 🤭

The small coil is a workhorse, all I ever use. Congrats on the tough silver.

I really like the 6" in the water also easier to swing..
Mark