Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the 1500

brrttpaul

hi guys i had my heart set on a gti 2500 but after reading these forums i cant see much difference between the two and money being an issue the 1500 is a lot cheaper. it seems to be same depth etc only diff is the talk, and the depth screen am i completly wrong in thinking that the gtp will do just the same job
cheers
Paul

Not much difference. Go to this link and click on the 2500 and then on the 1500 and it will put them both up on the screen in to compaire.
http://www.garrett.com/hobby/techsupport/compare.asp

hi jeff from what i can see the only diff is all metal deep seeking mode i got a gta 500 and surely when u aint discriminating then u searching all metal or am i reading it wrong somewhere

That is correct about the 2500/1500. The only differnce is the manual ground balance and the auto tracking in all metal. And of course the treasure talk which will drive you nutz in about 30 seconds of use. Running your 500 in zero disc is a form of all metal but not quite the same. It still has some disc in there although it is hard to tell the difference

thx jeff for that the one thing i do with my 500 is i dont discriminate as i was told if i do i lose sensititity/depth so i leave it with no discrimination if i get a signal i usually look at the screen to see if it comes up junk or not im off out tomorrow on an old roman rd dont expect to find much as its a bit of a tipping site of late with people chucking they rubbish there over the yrs but ive been looking into it and theres signs of bronze/iron age settlements before the roman rd was there question is whether i will get deep enough as its on pasture land wat u reakon worth a go?

The 1500 will do everything the 2500 will do minus all metal and a couple of bells and whistles. I have both and use the 1500 90% of the time. It's a great coinshooter.

Bill

Depending on what your looking for you will get plenty of depth with the 500. My first machine was the 500 and I have found coins as deep as 10 inches and I found a old double bladed ax head at prolly 15 inches (rang in as a quarter) The main thing I miss about using my 500 (letting a friend use it) is the neat and different finds you get with it. My 2500 has me spoiled with the imaging....if it aint in the coin range I dont dig it. But with the 500 you have to dig. I would have missed out on alot of cool stuff if I hadnt dug them thinking they were coins.

HH

Steve

Of course the 2500 has more bells and whistles, larger control screen but it heavier, bulkier than the 1500. As far as depth the 2500 has the all mrtal that ID's and will go as deep as the other big boys on the block. 2500 talking to me was useless and the pinpoint button stuck constantly and don't know if this has ever been corrected...I think a 1500 would serve you well unless you need the super depth of the 2500's all metal that ID's....

ive ordered the 1500 and cant wait for it to arrive still cant get that all metal outer my head though cos if u dont discriminate then surely thats all metal sounds the same thing to me.went out with the 500 today and found some coins all decimal but and heres the big but i knew they were coins before i dug so i must be improving going out again in an hr see if i can find some more
happy digging
Paul

It is kinda confusing but Zero Disc on the 1500 as well as all the other Garretts and True Non-Motion All Metal on the 2500 are 2 different beasts altogether. Zero disc still has some disc in it due to them constanly adjusting for ground balance. On the 2500 you manually adjust the ground balance for the soil you are working in. You do not have to have motion to detect an object with the 2500 and it will get quite a bit deeper than the 1500 running in zero disc. With the type of hunting you are doing, the 1500 will serve you quite nicely and your arm won't fall off trying to swing the weight of the 2500.