Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

That woman just had to laugh, so I shipped her off to bingo! .......................

Kelley (Texas)

Last weekend, after a boring day of doing chores around this city house, I turned on the computer to see what was happening on the Forum...it was slow, not much posting at that moment. For one reason or another, I ended up on eBay. After visiting "metal detectors for sale" I went to "coins," then clicked on "U.S. Penny." After a few more minutes I spotted an interesting eBay auction ad...this auction was for a 3,200+ batch of wheat pennies. After a few more minutes of looking at other eBay auction ads, I shut the computer down and went to the kitchen for a cup of coffee. I sat there drinking that coffee and thinking about those 3,200+ wheat pennies. Debbie was reading the newspaper at the time and asked me why I was being so quiet, not like me being quiet like that when she is reading the paper. I told her about the 3,200+ wheat pennies. She gave me a hard look and said "Don't even think about it!"

I finished the coffee and headed back to the study and the computer. Things were still slow on the Forum and I eventually ended back on eBay and that auction ad for 3,200+ pennies. I thought to myself, that is a lot of pennies, wonder if there would be a rare penny in that batch...a penny worth lots of money. My brain was in full gear, one part of my brain had visions of finding a rare penny in that batch and the other part of my brain showed Debbie saying "Don't even think about it!" Well, Debbie's part of the brain lost the battle as I placed a bid for that 3,200+ batch of wheat pennies. Well, lady luck was on my side that evening, I won the auction!

The next morning I told Debbie the good news! Her reaction..."you did what? I told you not to do it!" I calmed her down by telling her that there was always the possibility of finding a valuable penny in that 3,200+ batch of pennies. She asked me what I would do with the pennies if there were not any valuable pennies in that 3,200+ batch of pennies. I told her that we would put them in some mason jars and give them to our new Grandson as a gift when he reached the age of ten years old. They would be worth some money then, right? She went to the telephone and called Heather, my Daughter-in-Law and while laughing told her the good news...Brayden was going to get 3,200+ wheat pennies when he reached the age of 10. From what I could hear of the telephone conversation by what Debbie was saying, Heather must have been laughing too!

Yesterday afternoon, the pennies arrived in the mail. Our door bell rang...it was the mailman. At his feet was a heavy box...my pennies! That was one heavy box! As I struggled to lift the box, Debbie started laughing and the mailman made the comment about there must be a bar of gold in that box. Debbie really started laughing and I shoved her in the door as I was thanking the mailman.

I hauled that heavy box containing the 3,200+ pennies to the kitchen. I screwed up and attempted to open the heavy box at the kitchen table with the goal of making a big pile on the table top. Wrong! I cut the side of the box and attempted to slowly pour the pennies onto the kitchen table top when something went wrong with my plan of action. The seller had wrapped the entire 3,200+ batch of pennies with Sara Wrap. The batch of pennies slid out of the box, hit the table top, the Sara Wrap broke and pennies went flying everywhere. There were pennies all over the kitchen! While this was happening, Heather showed up with the new baby...Heather and Debbie just stood their laughing. Needless to say, it was not very funny to me when I am on my hands and knees picking pennies up off the floor. To top things off, the family dog was right there while I was rounding up all the pennies and added to the problem. I finally gathered the pennies up and put them in a large plastic box with a built-in handle.

This morning, while drinking a cup of coffee, I spotted a penny that I missed picking up off the floor yesterday. I guess that I better look under the ice box just in case some of the pennies rolled under it too.

I threw the penny in the large plastic box containing the rest of the pennies. I glanced at the pennies and right away spotted a steel 1943 penny in decent condition. If Debbie goes to bingo today, I will try to look and see what is in this batch of pennies. I pray she goes to bingo, I need some peace and quiet while messing with the pennies and I do not need to listen to her laughing anymore about this entire matter. While we were drinking coffee at the table she said that we have been married thirty-five years and there has never been a dull moment the entire time. Everything was fine until I spotted the penny on the floor, then she started laughing again. As a matter of fact, I will see to it that she goes to bingo today! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

going through those pennies than she will at Bingo! :D

She said that there has never been a dull moment during our thirty-five years of marriage, that it has never been boring.

She is very lucky at playing bingo...she won $500.00 a few weeks ago.

Hopefully, she will win something today that will divert her attention away from the 2,300+ wheat pennies. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Seeing as most every time that I buy something on EBAY, I always buy something that is broken and with the Garrett luck that is always with me, the seller NEVER makes good on it.

After buying several items, Carol told me not to buy ANYTHING of of Ebay ever again. The other night, after I had already won the bid, Carol casually strolled over to the computer and reminded me again not to buy anything. I said okay, but as I said, it was too late.

I had forgotten that I get an email from ebay saying I won and.....well, you guessed it; I got busted for buying two 8 1/2 ft downrigger rods! I tried to explain that I had bought one for her, but she didnt believe me. Im still waiting to get them via UPS, but Ill be dang if I let her use one of them!

Maybe I can get her to go play bingo! Thanks for your story.

Lil Brother:)

She will note your consideration and be eternally grateful to you. Why, she may even thank you for that new broom you got as well :lol:

good story Fred.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

do you have any idea how much we think alike? Its scary! I am thoroughly bored from not being able to do much also and was thinking of cleaning my fishing tackle and changing line on the reels or counting my .22 shells but your idea is much better! You see, our pennies are pure copper and worth about three bucks a lb. Hmmmm i wonder how much 300 hundred pennies weigh?:blink:

I gotta tell ya Fred....you sure know how to make me laugh. That's classic !! Please tell the Mrs. that she wasn't the only one laughing.....that is, if you don't mind !:rofl:....All the best,

Rob

n/t

n/t

ignore the fact that it took 2000 bucks to win it. :D