Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

That ole Ace 250 again.....

nymohawk

Recent Modification to the Garrtt ACE 250.
I bought the Ace 250 for the wife, and was so impressed with the units weight, abilities, and multiple functions that I decided to go wireless for her as well. Both Michelle and I have always loved the wireless freedom but FM wireless units always inferred with one another, the infrared units were the best as they did not receive interference with each other but had to be aligned properly for function, not really a problem, but the noise was bothersome when the signal was lost during digging.
Then came this great age known as Bluetooth technology

What a great idea and setup, thanks mate
jebsthumbsuppu6.gif

Sweet set up! I'm glad you like the 250! I'm going to check out the new Bluetooth at RS. I had read where there was a lag in the signal. But if you say these work good I will try them. I have a different wireless that works good. But I'm always open to new ideas and gadgets. Can you post the part numbers of both the transmitter and headset?

To go along with my cell phone, I bought a bluetooth yesterday and thought it was a good idea. I still think it's O K, but my son was here a little while ago checking the bluetooth out with me talking to his cell phone. I was surprised to find out there is a lag from the time I talk until he hears it on his phone. It appears to be about 1 second I don't know if that is because of the bluetooth or the cell phone. I think that delay would be significant with 2 second swing with my ACE 250, if it is bluetooth related. I wonder to, like you Kenny, if the unit pictured above had a delay....Get Dirty...

I don't know first hand if the Bluetooth has a delay. But I read about someone else having that problem about a year ago. Even if it's 1/20 of a second that would seem odd. I know the one I have does not have a lag. So maybe these new BT's are faster - I don't know?

Thank goodness....I didn't even think to factor that into the system when I bought it!...Thanks for briniging it up at least I could have returned it if I had needed to...hehehehe

But it's fine right on time! Or at least so responsive I can't tell a difference by sight!

Now if I go out there digging 50 holes behind the signal I'm going box myself right in the nose! hehehehe

NYMOhawk

That's good to know. Lay a coin on the ground and swing over it with and without the Bluetooth. Tell us about your findings.

Now I'm glad someone brought this up! When I purchased the bluetooth I didn't even think of it! Thank goodness it worked out okay!

I can not see a Lag and I checked it in Pinpoint mode as well. It appeared to be in the exact middle of the coil when the VCO was the highest!

I don't know if someone already posted this info, but here's another review -
I picked up a Radio Shack 2.4 Ghz wireless transmitter and headset this weekend. I tried the FM transmitter before (not good) and was a bit aprehensive about the remote headset, but I think this is the hot set up.
The transmitter is about 1" x 1-1/2" x 7/16" thick. The 1/8 jack folds out of the transmitter. The headset is light and comfortable. The round padded ear muffs are compact, light, comfortable, have a hook that slides over you ear with the band going around the back of your head (not interferring with a hat, etc). I'm not sure how it would feel if you wore glasses.
The transmitter and headset have built in rechargable NiMH batteries -too bad they're not lithium. The directions say they take 4 hours to charge and will last 7 hours. I don't have enough use time on them to vouch for the battery life.
The good part, They work and sound great! When your not using them on your metal detector, you can use them with your IPOD, etc.
RS 33-1253 $60
1/4" to 1/8" stereo adapter plug $4.50

That's the one I use now. Go here and see it.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?32,465287,465287#msg-465287

Could you tell me more about your set up. I have gone to radio shack and they dont know what i am talking about when i tell them about your setup. Could you give me the name model number and manufacturer of all that is needed to set up the remote system. Thanks Jery

At Radio Shack you can buy the wireless combo 33-1253 that is non bluetooth. Or you can buy the btaII bluetooth wireless transmitter and bluetooth headset. Post back.