Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanks for the settings help James, now I can find silver again!

buckrod

I found these today, its amazing what a little tweeking of settings will do. No date Standing Liberty Quarter, 1941-D merc, 1911-D Barber Dime and a 1946-D penny. Barber was about 6" deep and the others were about 9" deep. Thanks again James.

Great job on those recoveries. I got out today and found a few Silver myself, but it was only 9 of them.:surprised: 2 Standing Liberties among the Silver with No Dates either. You got me on the Barber Dime though, didn't find anything that old today. But there is always tomorrow! Does the Standing Liberty have the Stars under the Eagle on the back??? Both mine did darn it! Good to hear that my settings worked for you and I hope to see you continue finding more Old Coins and posting them. Good Luck and HH.:thumbup:

I have had my XS for about 4 yrs. and have alway thought that I wasn't getting the depth others were getting. I think I am now at that depth I should be. My problem was in Audio, I only had the Gain at 5. After moving it to Gain 10 and Recover to fast, it seems that I now can hear the tones which I was missing before. I was only getting about 6" max before and I dug those coins at about 9". Thanks to James I will be finding more than I was before. Thanks again James!

n/t

Just under the Grass about 9" down. Good Luck and HH to you this month and look for my post tomorrow and tell me if I did good or not.:thumbup:

step to finding Silver is admitting to yourself that you have a problem.:rofl::devil: Contact me when you have beat this terrible disease!;) Good Luck and HH!:thumbup: One other thing Mike! You won't be laughing when you see what my finds were this weekend buddy ole pal! :surprised:

I suppose your finds pouch was overflowing this weekend huh? I'll just have to wait til you post them, then I can be really upset with you..:argue:

It will work well for many using different settings so go for what works for you....A gain of 5 will give you a modulated effect(shallow..loud, deep..softer to know from the get go if you have a deepie, many elect to use a higher gain to better hear the deepies, but using good headphones with personal good hearing you should hear the deepies well also with more clarity..I find a lower gain allows me to set my manual sensitivity higher which equates to more depth while having a stable unit. Fast works well for trashy areas but deep holds the tone longer so in reallity one would think deep would be the pick for someone looking for depth. I would not use fast and deep at the same time but thats your call. Remember just my opinions so whatever works for you...

n/t

you will in fact get better Depth but if you are using any Discrimination, and you are in Trash or Iron Sites, Fast will make more finds and you will not loose much depth if you go slow enough. The site must be very clean of Iron for the most part to make work for getting that Ultra Depth that one seeks for those Deeply Buried Coins. You can have success in Trash but Iron it is tougher unless you run in Ferrous Tones All Metal. I use to run my Explorer XS all the time in Deep On Fast Off, but it is just the Opposite now. I think some of the Targets were getting masked by Trash and or Iron and that is why I am finding many more Coins at these sites. In fact, I believe that I am making more finds with Fast On since I just visited a site I was at over a 1 1/2 Years ago and was finding Old Coins in areas that I know I had worked previously with Deep On. Using many different setups makes for a very fun return trip and a site that keeps on giving. It could be that I just got better at using my Detector too, which I know that I have. Like they say, the more time on your Detector that you got logged on will lead in more great recoveries and knowledge of what works in your conditions and at different sites. Good Luck and HH and may what ever settings you use work for you in your conditions. :thumbup:

Add a small coil and with its multiple facets an Explorer can be a killer in most conditions and its up to you what works best in your area and for you newbies no secret programs just ones that work well for you..
Heck I agree slow is the way to go, but we have one young fellow in the club that swings it like an XLT(fast) and gets excellent depth and certainly his share of the goodies...(don't have a prayer what his setups are but wuld imagine Fast on would be one of them..