Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thanks...Finally Getting the hang of the SE

grahamcracker

Just wanted to thank everyone for their tips and input on my SE plight. I have now been out with it about 10 times. Over the weekend I tried the iron mask tips and I am really starting to see the advantage of the SE and having to go SLOW. I went to a junky yard and put on iron mask with ferrous and went very slow. I pulled out several coins. In fact, I couldn't even use my pinpointer because there were iron nails everywhere in the hole. Feeling more comfortable with the sounds too...just waiting to hear that nice little high tone amongst the deeper tones then I keep coming back over that spot slowly. Wish I had more time! Thanks again

[size=large]Congrats. I'm right there with you, it"s starting to make sense to me. It's going to be awesome as it gets better and better. My only dilemma is , I live in Maine and my season is fast running out . Once the ground freezes , I'm done and it's gonna be a long winter. Gotta get in as much as I can before that happens. Good luck to you.

Steve[/size]

Glad to hear that your SE is starting to click for you. I did some air tests with my SE with a merc dime and a rusty nail right beside it and she picked up the merc with no problem. Now to have it work for me out in the field. I'd just as soon not have any rusty nails next to silver, but at least we know that the SE will sniff out the silver. HH.

Eddie

Eddie in Poulsbo said:
Glad to hear that your SE is starting to click for you. I did some air tests with my SE with a merc dime and a rusty nail right beside it and she picked up the merc with no problem. Now to have it work for me out in the field. I'd just as soon not have any rusty nails next to silver, but at least we know that the SE will sniff out the silver. HH.

Eddie

Hey Eddie,what part of the country are you hunting in ? And what has been your best find to date with you SE ? I'm in Maine and so far that 2 cent piece is my best with this machne...I'm hoping to change that very soon.:detecting: