Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thankgiving in Roscommon

Royal

Mary and I spent the holiday in Roscommon this year. We had known it was going to snow a bit. As we were driving up it started a snowing and by the time we arrived it was almost impossible to see ten feet in front of the truck. We passed two rollovers on I-75 and the driving was tough.

I got up Thankgiving morning and started clearing the snow off the drive. I knew it would get covered again as it was still snowing but you got to keep ahead of it.

[attachment 11745 snowthank5.jpg]

[attachment 11741 snowthank1.jpg]

We went for a walk later, down by the river and it was still snowing. This is Mary braving the elements, with the river passing in the rear. I would have loved to have been in a kayak and on the river but it was not to be this weekend..

[attachment 11743 snowthank3.jpg]

This is a little pond next to the river. It was just pretty and I took a picture of it. This lot was for sale last year. 340 ft on the river with a private pond on it. I wish I was rich as I would have bought it.

[attachment 11742 snowthank2.jpg]

This is a shot I took at night from the doorwall. It was pretty dark and I had to photoshop it a bit to lighten it up.

[attachment 11744 snowthank4.jpg]

It is deer season and we saw no deer until last night. There were eight out there but I did not take any pictures of them.

The temp did not get above 20 degrees F and was usually around ten. Yesterday morning when I got up it was Zero and stayed that way all morning. It warmed up a bit today though and I figure the snow will be all gone in a day or so.

The river will be very high next weekend and I think I might try kayaking it then. Mary will be staying home and I might do it alone this time

We ended up with around 10 inches of snow before it was over.

n/t[attachment 11749 snowthank11.jpg]

Nothing serious and it will probably be gone by midweek. But you had a LOT more than us.!!

Still, very nice series Royal.

Sunny skies, clear water

M

Are there any fish in that pond? Did you put anything out for the deer to eat? Those are some great pictures, but it is really hard for me to grasp that type of weather. Thanks for posting the pictures, very interesting. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Very warm and comfy in very cold weather. Not certain if it is a Canadian invention but in our cold weather up here, it is the headgear of choice :)

calm seas

M

telling me about them. It does not get cold enough down here to wear one, instead we will wear something to shade our eyes from the sun. Sorry for the stupid question. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

KAYAK THAT RIVER ALONE!!!!! silly booger:thumbdown:
Hey is that a "snowdog"?:biggrin: nice Toque too, did Mike give you that or didja kill a "frog"?:rofl:

I have never seen one like that at Tractor Supply or Sears...the ones I have seen are used in a small garden, not for removing snow from the driveway. It must be a Yankee Cold Country type tiller! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i think i would like the snow and then get pretty tired of it quick,guess you get your walking in behind that snow blower.you gonna wear a wet suit if you get in the kayak?

tobagans. They fit really snug and keep your ears from freezing off! Mike gave me one when I was in Canada, and I wear now from time to time, especially last week when we had the "cold front" come thru and the nights were chilly! He tried to give me gloves on a couple of occasions, but I kept losing them!! :(

having that kind of weather already! It is beautiful, but makes my bones ache just seeing you out in it! Really a nice set of photos, Royal! Thanks for sharing! :)

first detecting adventure. I hope I can bring up the photo, it's me and all my metal I found. I was proud of it, but they told me "no cigar". Just cause I found the most metal, none of it was worth anything. Now........they could have saved me a lot of carrying if I had known that. But you know how guys are....making up the rules as they go! :)

Never mind, it's too late and I can't find it! Anyway, they sure are warm! :)

setting for four or five hours in it. I would just make sure I had a full change of cloths with me in a sealed bag, along with matches and such. It is so beautiful that time of year.