Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank you Arkie John

General Ray

reply down below, your reply John touch me and made me think how lucky I was saturday at the same time doing what I like to do, it don't get any better then that John, thank you, my reply to your reply just in case you missed it :thumbup:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?14,237279,238294#msg-238294

I have been so busy, spending every spare minute in the woods, that I have not been able to do the forum justice here of late.

You don't know this, but I have a degree in history. Since the 70's I have metal detected every civil war site I can find in Arkansas that is legal. As you know, there aren't many places, compared to Virginia, PA, MISS, TN etc.

But I learned early on just how special this hobby we have, really is.

My best find, coin-wise, was a 1906 Barber Half. I have found a couple or three Barber dimes. Once while hunting a civil war camp, my buddy found an 1853 dime or half-dime. I was so envious. But here in Arkansas, we are not "old country" as far as coins are concerned; no large cents (ever), the fewest of seateds, but we make do with what we have.

The old turn-of-the century schools are fairly plentiful, but Arkansas kids were generally poor and didn't have real "money" to lose.

But when I find something really neat, I IMMEDIATELY wonder what the person was like that lost it. Whether it be a arrowhead, or a union breastplate, I just wonder of that particular human. AFter all, I am the next one to touch it since the original owner touched it. There's just a MAGIC there that cannot be explained. You certainly know what I mean.

Thank you for all your great stories and photos. I have been to Mary's Heights overlooking Fredericksburg. I have been to Chancelorsville where we lost our precious Jackson. I have been to Petersbury and to Shiloh and to Vicksburg and to Prairie Grove and to Marks Mill, Jenkin's Ferry and I know from where I came.

It is the least I can do...to honor those who lost the speicial treasures I am lucky enough to find.

And when I don't find them, the NEXT BEST THING TO IT is when one of my friends finds a special item. And that's what YOU did, Ray.

Thanks for the blessing. May the Lord be with you and may you be led to many more special treasures. <><

aj

n/t