Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank God for smoked Salmon........

Wayne in BC

Just sent out the Christmas gifts to our various family who are scattered across western Canada with a couple retards in Ontario. We and two other families are the only ones that know just how good BC is. (and we ain't sure we should tell them better)
Now i wish i could send the native parts of the family (Carol's side is Metis) some beads and get back Moose sausage but they insist on smoked Salmon, Cedar boughs, and nuts from our trees. Dumb azzes why would they want that crap?

I just sent a couple of my custom hunting knives to my grandaughters in Alberta who have started hunting at ages 12 and too close to 14. Their daddy really dotes on my honey smoked Salmon as do my daughter and the girls. Problem is he will eat it all given any chance at all! A very very good daddy but like a Coyote with food Last year my Sis sent us a vacuum sealer for Christmas (she blonde but not dumb!) and it is an excellent unit, uses heavy bags and sucks them tight. The other day when i finished turning 70 lbs of Chinook into edible smoked stuff i sealed a bunch and put labels on saying it was Christmas presents for the grandaughters only, even put their names on the packages with a felt pen!

I waited a day then sent his:biggrin: Damn the shipping is expensive! 5 parcels by bus (cheapest) came to 150 odd bucks! I better see sausage coming back! A few years back i was carrying several lbs of smoked Salmon out to the family and it never made it past Mike, Alice, and Royal, they best never go to Alberta cause i used them for an excuse instead of admitting i forgot it in Mike's fridge:lol:

My Mother in law, a proud Metis woman, is actually starting to like me a bit after 20 years or so, amazing what time and smoked Salmon will do.
I made a bit of a tactical error when i was first dating Carol, her Ma did somthing nice for me and i quipped........"that was mighty white of you"
Thank God for Smoked Salmon!

n/t

I use a vacuum sealer all the time and they are a great food saver.

Mighty White of you my azz!!!!!:rofl:

I think I may have used that term a time or two also. :) :)

calm seas

Mikie

Hey I just remember!! My great grandma was indian!! Wayne!! You cad you

:blink:Honestly I doubt it surprised her a bit

do in a case like mine, where she lives with you??? :sadwalk: I know your granddaughters will be proud of the knives. You know they will cherish them because they came from you! Their chldren will enjoy them someday too! :)

A couple in Ontario ??...........that was funny, you hotdog !:lol: