Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Texas:thumbup:

Royal

[attachment 122550 texas.jpg]

Thanks Royal,

It's hard to believe they're real if you havn't seen them for yourself!

Best To Ya Friend,

Cupajo

n/t

Many of the bike stories with pictures that I have posted in the past were of the Texas Hill Country. The first three pictures posted below were taken at our home place in the lower part of the Texas Hill Country where we lived prior to moving to this city. They are pictures of two of my horses grazing in the front two horse pastures and if you look carefully you will see some Bluebonnet flowers near the horses. The flowers are not in abundance in my pictures compared to the ones in the pictures that Royal has posted because the horses eat them. Tuff is the sorrel colored horse and Blueberry is the dark seal brown horse.

[attachment 122574 scan33.jpg]

[attachment 122575 scan35.jpg]

[attachment 122576 scan31.jpg]

This is a picture of an old barn taken at Comal, Texas. If you look closely, you can see a few cows watching me as I took the picture.
[attachment 122577 oldbarnhillcountry.jpg]

This is a picture of an old hill country house taken near Davenport, Texas. This house was probably built in the 1880's.
[attachment 122578 OldHouseHillCountry.jpg]

This is a picture of an old school house built in the 1850's near Twin Sisters, Texas. I may have posted this picture in the past, not sure.
[attachment 122579 OldSchoolinTwinSisters.jpg]

I probably spend more time riding the bike in the Texas Hill Country and South Texas than anywhere else. Hopefully, in the near future, I will probably drift over towards Houston, Texas and then north into East Texas...lots of history over in that area too!

If you folks are interested in seeing some random pictures that I have taken, please let me know and I will post them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Hey Paul,

I grew up on the Texas shore not far from Victoria and my Gramma used to live there.

I know what you mean about the pics bringing back memories.

Best to Ya,

Cupajo

It's getting crazy to live down here on the coast anymore, with wind storm Insurance which started 2 years ago. It doubled the price of my insurance, and now we got a good old boy from Amarillo wanting to push a bill in that would raise it up another 60%. That would cost me 3300.00 dollars a year for wind storm, and we haven't been hit since Aug. 3 1970 with a storm. I will move inland I hope soon.

Hey BAYRAT,

Must be fifteeen years or so since I been back.

When my folks passed I was left with a younger brother there and some cousins, and bills to pay here.

You can guess where the priority has been.

One of my sisters has moved back and the pther is thinking about wintering there.

Soon I may have a chance to visit everyone without having to hit three different states to do it.

Those bills still hsve to be paid, but I am slowing down as in "semi"-retired.

Best to Ya Friend,

Cupajo