Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TEST: Horse picture...............

Kelley (Texas)

I am posting an old film photo. I am finally starting to scan some of my horse, cows, and ranch photos to the computer. I have a couple of boxes of old photos that I am going to store on the computer and may post some of them on the Forum.

This is a picture of my Son when he was about ten years old. This was his horse named Barefoot Beau, a registered Quarter Horse. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

his knee. They took some more X-Rays and some type of scan on Friday and the results will be known Monday or Tuesday. He is having trouble walking and the knee is still swollen. All that I can say is that he is one lucky police officer...thank goodness for seat belts and air bags. Thanks for your concern, please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

scan them at least at 3 or 4 hundred dpi (dots per inch) That way you can blow them up and print them with little loss of sharpness.

When you get them all scanned to your computer, make any adjustments you want to them, take out blotches or resize,etc and then burn them to a CD or DVD and you will always have them. You can make copys for your family easily and even keep a master copy of the old pictures. I did it with all of my old family pictures.

Scan them big, even at 600 if you wish, which I did, and save them to CD or DVD and then take them off and play with them and make them small enough to post on the web. You will always have the originals that way and can not hurt them.

I have been wondering how your boy was doing. It takes a while to mend from an accident like that and he is one fortunate cowboy!!

I keep thinking that someone said that they will only last about ten years. I think that I will follow your advice when I get them all on the computer. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I will have to check and let you know.

Remember, scan them at high resolution, don't do it at 75 or something because it is faster.

You saw that picture of the CCC camp ghost. That was at high res in the big picture and I was able to zoom way in to catch the picture of the ghost or lion in the window. At low res I would never have ever been able to even see it!! It pays!! HIGH RESOLUTION!!!

on the computer because I used 300 resolution. As you well know, computers are not my expertise, and nothing comes easy for me when doing something with a computer. It took me several hours to post just a tab over 30 old photos. It took a while to figure out how to do all of this, but I have it down to a tee now. Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

many scan pictures at 75 or so and lost a lot of information. Three hundred will save most of it. You can not usually scan them and then post them as they are rather huge for dialup but they are easily optomized with the right program.

You are no different than anyone else when it comes to computers. None of us are born with the knowlege to use them but with practice and help from our Gurus-your son-it finally comes. There is one heck of a lot I don't know about the goofy things but I just keep plugging along and it is a thrill when something comes clear.

and it is second nature to them, while some of us have to struggle just trying to figure out how to load paper in the printer. What is sad to me is that these kids think that life revolves around a computer and video games...they do not know how to hunt or fish, how to grow food in a garden, or worst yet, how to think for themselves. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/CDDVDlongevity.php