Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoros Weakest Point?

Brokensignal

So far Tesoro detectors are great but found the weakest part of the detector to be female coil pin connector to detector male connection pin point connector.What have others experienced Tesoro detectors weakest point to be?.

The strain relief on the coil cable, at the control housing.

Tesoro does have very few week points, one of them is pole lock connection near electronic box, second: thin coil cable in HOT series, third: poor battery compartment door in De Leon/Cortes/Tejon and some minor others. I hope there will be improvement in new models and everything will be redesigned and updated.

Never had a problem with the battery doors on the DeLeon I had.The only thing I can say thats not perfect about Tesoro's is some of them has that what I call the Tesoro creak noise. I remember when this happened to me years ago, couldn't figure out for the life of me what that creak creak noise was every time I swung my detector. It is where the upper pole goes into the control housing, if the fit is slightly loose you will get the noise. Easy to fix - put a real light dab of light grease on the upper pole (just on the end that goes into the control housing). Or what I rather do is to put a couple of wraps of teflon pipe tape on the end of the upper rod. Problem/ annoyance solved. Hats off to you Tesoro for making near perfect detectors. Steve.

Forgot to mention that if in the unlikely event that a Tesoro ever has a problem we have the best support/service in the industry.

A wrap of electrical tape works, too.

Scully said:
Yes but makes for a good reason to clean detector after each use :) We all do right??? I do :thumbup: Steve.

Haey dahut i use the electrical tape to,it will usually be there for next time,i even have a piece of duct tape around the end part Of shaft near arm rest,it is there if i need a piece of duct tape for something.I have had trouble twice with connections on coil to-detector connector,that is why i asked.Thanks everyone.

just like skiwhiz an his Deleon Ive had no problem with the battery doors on my Tejon ,cant image how ya would .. I think it juz depends how ya treat ya gear ..the ruff'nuts are always gunna whinge cause there gunna wreck it no matter ..........weakpoint for me's gotta be that creakin upper rod connection solved with teflon

Yes but if you disassemble your detector to carry it a peace of tape is better because you will have to carry a roll of teflon tape with you,If you put a small peace of tape there it will be there for a long time and if you decide to take the detector apart you don't have to worry about getting more teflon.

On my V I would agree with the battery door being a weak link. Also the scuff guard on the standard coil can be the devil to get off intact.

Yes gasishigh i broke a 10'x12' dd coil cover trying to get it off,i just may think about what some of the other guys were talking about.Covering the bottom of the coil with a type of protectant epoxy that you brush or spray on.The scuff covers are very hard to remove.

Shaft creaking is the only complaint I have, but just bought a spare lower. I'm sure it will creak, too. Happy to say that my Tesoro complaints are very few.