Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro's warranty when buying a used detector

dlkamp

I am thinking about purchasing a used Vaquero and I am not quite sure about the warranty when you are not the original owner. Will Tesoro still hold true to the life time warranty? Tesoro's warranty description states the warranty is good only if owned by the original consumer purchaser. Further stating that warranty is not transferable and is valid only if the warranty registration card had been completed and mailed within 10 days of purchase. Can anyone help me out here. I can buy a used V and save about $70 dollars from buying a new one. Maybe I am better off buying a new one and spending more if the warranty is voided if I am not the original owner/purchaser. Anyone purchased used and have warranty issues? thanks for the feedback.

Tesoro has a huge reputation for honoring every warranty regardless of the owner. If its s fault of their product they will repair or replace it. Its one the main reasons they are a very popular machine.

What Scully said is true. I recently purchased a second hand off of ebay and upon receiving it wouldn't work. I plugged in a coil from an old Golden and it worked great. I sent my unit to Tesoro and 2 weeks later got it back with a brand new coil no questions asked. All I had to pay was shipping to Tesoro. Tesoro ROCKS !

Give them a call to check status. I did and was told my unit was next in line. Two days later it was here. LJ

I bought my Toltec 100 used over 10 years ago. I drug it out of the attic (since I'm getting back into detecting/buying an Xterra70 soon) to test it out. opened the battery compartment and as I was snapping the batteries in place, the plastic battery holders broke. I emailed customer support about the situation and I got this response:

Thank you for your patience. I will send you the battery packs for the Toltec 100 at no charge under the warranty
Please allow 2 weeks for delivery.
Regards,
Christi.

Now that's great customer support!

WELL,..

I emailed tesoro twice about this before I bought a pre-owned model.

I haven't gotten a response back from 2 emails. One dating back over a week :(

I bought a used Vaquero on ebay about a month ago and It works fine. I founds lots of cool stuff so far in a month. I would just get it and not worry about it.