Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Warranty Question??

I just got my slightly used Golden Umax the other day and it came with an unfilled warranty card. I was wondering if I should fill it out and send it in , and who I should say that I purchased it from since I bought it from a classified add on a forum?? I would feel alot better if I had a warranty on my machine. It says on the warranty card that it should be mailed in 10 days after purchase and it's non-transferrable , but I've also heard people say that they will warranty a machine that has been purchased from someone else. Just wondering if anyone out there has any advice or has had a second owner tesoro serviced and how they handled the warrany. Thanks for any advice , as always it's greatly appreciated. Happy Hunting , Craig

Officially, the lifetime warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable. Unofficially, Tesoro's policy is if it's their product they will usually fix it free of charge regardless of whether it's the original owner or not.

I say usually because of course they are under no obligation to do so, and if it was a major repair they might be less likely to do it for free.

Personally, I would suggest filling out the warranty card and putting down the name of the actual person you bought it from.

When I bought a used Deleon a few months ago it wasn't working correctly and they took care of it gratis. I spoke to Christy in customer service before I sent it in. I was up front with her and told her I had bought it used from a pawn shop. She told me if there was a charge it probably wouldn't be much.

I actually had to send it in twice, the second time with a "bad" soil sample so they could calibrate the preset GB more closely to the mineralization of the soil in my area. That did the trick, and it's been working like a champ ever since.

Even got a call from James Gifford explaining what they had done to correct my machine. When the CEO of a company cares that much about keeping his customers happy, you can bet that attitude filters through the rest of the organization too.

The detectors at Tesoro are first class and so is the customer service.

Enjoy your new Golden!

And as they say, there you go.

I've also spoken to James Gifford about this and he said the only time they are dis-inclined to repair a Tesoro unit, gratis, is when it has been modified.
Outside of that, they normally fix em outright.