Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Toltec 80

oldkoot

Anyone know anything about the Tesoro Toltec 80 some one has a Brand new in Box they are wanting to sell for cheap, i am not going to buy it but it is an interesting looking beep and dig with a meter its up on the Tesoro Group on Facebook and in the U.S

I do not know much about it other than it was introduced in 1988.
There is also a Toltec 100 and a Toltech Ii.
The Toltec II had the control box under the armcuff and a separate meter in front of the hand grip.

The Toltec 80 is a high performance VLF/TR discriminator which features a Target Identifier circuit which reads the phase angel of the target and displays the probable Target Identity on the front mounted meter. The Toltec also features a meter reading of Coin Depth when in the All Metal mode of operation.
The Toltec 80 has two basic search modes. 1) Normal Discriminate mode, and 2) The All Metal mode. The Discriminate mode is based on ultra slow motion, and requires that just a very slight motion be present to operate properly. The Target ID features is very handy to help you identify pulltabs prior to digging them, and learning how to use the meter ID will keep you from digging many of these tabs, while you can still find nickels and small gold rings.
The All Metal mode is not motion based, and has been adjusted at the factory for use in even the worst kind of minerals. Normal ground will have a slight positive reaction as the searchcoil is lowered.
A separate optional Body Mounting kit is available for rapidly converting the detector to the body mount configuration. The detector is furnished with an 8 1/2" concentric searchcoil, but any of the Tesoro searchcoils will operate properly, except that the coin depth reading may be in error if used with other coils.

Attachments

• IMG_8210.jpeg
    IMG_8210.jpeg
    396.3 KB · Views: 16
@fwcrawford and @JimmyCT Thank both of you for the response I did contact the person that supposedly had the Toltec 80 he was a SCAMMER even went as far as giving me a phone number which did not even match up with his location could, when I called him I could literally hear a bunch of other people in the background talking, I went in to Facebook and informed the Admins the person is a SCAMMER apparently I am not the only one that reported the person because shortly after I reported it the post was removed

@fwcrawford and @JimmyCT Thank both of you for the response I did contact the person that supposedly had the Toltec 80 he was a SCAMMER even went as far as giving me a phone number which did not even match up with his location could, when I called him I could literally hear a bunch of other people in the background talking, I went in to Facebook and informed the Admins the person is a SCAMMER apparently I am not the only one that reported the person because shortly after I reported it the post was removed
Glad you didn’t get taken to the cleaners. So many scams out there…