Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Tejon or Vaquero compared with White DFX

Tx Gold Digger

I currently have a White DFX and am considering getting a Tesoro Tejon or a Vaquero. I mainly hunt for relics and dig everything around old home sites and how the depth would compare between the detectors. Would appreciate any feedback I can get.

Tx Gold Digger,

I have owned all three. Drop me an email and I will give you my thoughts on your question.

HH and God Bless,

Smitty II

The DFX has a display with good information on it and hundreds of settings that can be changed. I don't know how well you know your DFX so i can't tell you if you have an advantage right now over the Vaquero or Tejon. The Vaquero and Tejon are deep, simple to use detectors and can't be compared to a DFX. Not saying one is better than the other.....just pendends what features you want and need.

I own a Vaquero nexy to my other detectors ( White's M6, Garrett Ace 250, Discovery 3300, Garrett GTI 1500 and Fisher F75 on the way).

I wouldn't have the Vaquero if it couldn't do something the others can't. The Vaquero with the 5.75" coil is the hottest (deep !!!) small coil detector combo on the market.

Andy,NM

He gets 10 inches max I'm going behind him finding buttons with my DMCIIb and my Vaquero. He will tell you I get more depth out of my machines then he does. BUT he has a display. I dig it all so a display means nothing to me.

I was debating on the Tejon but got a decent trade on an X5 for the DFX. I used the X5 once so far as it is still frozen in most areas of NY/CT. This machine, like the Tejon(my buddy has the Tejon and I have hunted side by side) will do better on relics than the DFX and seems to be much quicker in trash. My buddy found 4 wheaties with the Tejon in a spot Dave Z hit twice and I hit 4X with the 4x6 DD. Dave Z was a master with the DFX and I'm no slouch , it was just the DFX doesn't like trash, even with that little beauty of a coil. On another note I hunted a spot with my buddy. He had the Tejon and I the DFX. I picked up 2 6-8" deep IH's in an area he had gone over with the Tejon. If they were nickels who knows he may have had more luck. I do know I found brass shell casings last week at 15+" with the X5 and from experience the DFX gets them at 10-12" tops and max depth on a button for me was 8-9". I have heard the Tejon is similar to the X5 in depth on relics so may be a good bet. My friend with the Tejon also said it is good on deep coins. I have yet to find a coin with the X5 so don't know its capabilities on coins yet. Hope it helps and I think either way you will do well. One thing to mention tho, I did trade the DFX for the X5 because I hunt lots of cellar holes and the DFX does not have a quick response like the Whites Classics or IDX. Also it is not good on salty beaches. It does have a low and high frequency adjust from 3Kz and 15 kz. tho. Hope this helps.

I have just solved my problem or question. I already had a DFX and have purchased both the Tejon and Vaquero. Thanks for the replys.