Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Super- tuning ?

Brokensignal

Does anyone know which older model Tesoro metal detectors can be super- tuned?there seems to be a lot of confusion on this.Is this something only a tesoro does?.I have not seen a other brand detector with threshold tuning like this?.

To the best of my knowledge, it can be done on any of the umax machines with threshold adjustment and maybe older as well. Apparently, threshold set to max while in all metal, gives a bit deeper performance, but beware of switching to all metal or using the all metal pinpoint button as this setting will fry your ears.
HH
BB

I keep my ear phones set low enough not to fry my ears and the pin point still works on the shallow targets. It is one way I tell a shallow target quickly. Bill in Texas

Brokensignal said:
Does anyone know which older model Tesoro metal detectors can be super- tuned? There seems to be a lot of confusion on this.Is this something only a tesoro does?.I have not seen a other brand detector with threshold tuning like this?.
The other guys got it right as to which models, and I know you could do it with the various 'monolithic' designs like the Silver Sabre II and Bandido/Bandido II's. Indeed, you can do it with most VLF , threshold accessible discriminators AFAIK. I know you can do it with the Whites Classic series.

But you gotta ask yourself, "Do I understand it enough to make it matter?"

Super tuning has a time and place, and that isn't 'all the time, in every place.'