Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro ST Ground Balancing

supertraqer

I am having trouble getting ground balance on my ST when I follow directions. Any pointers out there? I always get a tone when I near the ground, it only goes away when I lift it.

Hello supertraqer and welcome to the LST circle.

If you can't ground balance in "Normal Soil' with the 'Sensitivity' at 10 switch to 'Alkali' and if that doesn't work go to 'Black Sand.'
Pump the coil from about two to ten inches four or five times in quick succession. Keep playing with the 'Threshold' until you hear a soft but constant hum when you pump the coil. And, you are always supposed to hear a sound when in 'All metal' whether the coil is on the ground or in the air. A low hum.

I have many times turned the 'Sensitivity' all the way down to 1 as I turned the machine on to hunt in 'All Metal' and not ground balanced at all, because you don't have to ground balance at the setting of 1, and still found many, many very small targets.

My best advice to you as a new owner of a Lobo is to go to the nearest park and put your settings on 'Normal Soil,' the other toggle on 'Disc' and turn the 'Discrimination all the way to 10 [Max). Now you are ready to have some fun. Sooooo Simple.
I guarantee you will find way more favorable targets than junk. You will not get disillusioned, frustrated, and downright mad like so many have when they first start out because of the trash they must endure. Each time you head out you will feel confident in the fact that you will find worthwhile stuff and not a bag full of garbage to go with it.
As you hunt in the above setting you will hear chatter at times as you pass over junk but you will soon easily recognize the sound of coins and good targets. Run your coil over some different coins at home and you will know the sound. Get used to it, you are going to hear it often!

After you have had some fun like this for a while and are getting the hang of your LST then start playing with the discrimination. Your Lobo will be great partner and an asset in the field.

Good Luck

Cliffhanger

Thanks a lot Cliffhanger. My buddy and I went to a lake beach today andfound quite a few coins, I haven't cleaned them up yet. Mostly pennies, dimes and quarters. I was using settings: disc 8, sensitivity 8. We found that nickles don't sound until around 3 or 4. Marv also found a silver ring. How is the ST at picking up necklaces and jewelry at this setting?

For jewelry I'd back off to about 3and a half on discrimination, or just above foil, and dig everything. Just about 4 is where gold drops out on my LoboST, in discriminate. Good luck, Dave Davey

The way I do it is make sure of course that theres no metal under the coil and then pump it up and down very fast. The tone usally levels off around the 4th or 5th pump. Also from what I read, LST should be able to GB on her own. Just hunt in all metel for about a minute and she'll balance on her own. Thats what the "Super Traq" is all about. I read in history books that one would have to always check and re-balance the original Lobo all day long. Poor bastards.