Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Sidewinder UMax

BEAR

I bought a Tesoro Sidewinder UMax for my girlfriend to use for relic hunting. Can anyone give me some info. about the detector? We have good ground here and I was wanting to know how to set it up for Civil War relics and what kind of depth can we get out of the machine. She has been using a old Silver Sabre II for years and she will not try anything else, but she liked the look of the Sidewinder so I bought it for her. Can anyone give me some pointers about the machine. Thanks Bear

I have owned and used two Siderwinder

No no no not uMax, it's

ihave a conquistador what is best is set the disc to minimal and set the sens as high as it will go before it chatters but in old homesites you may have to lower the sens.

silversmith said:
Why didn't they just call it a Micro-Max, and be done with it?
They are called micro max, kind of like H20 means water.

That's a good question, Silversmith, and I have wondered the same thing since they first brought those out. The Sidewinder

[size=large]it would drive me[/size] [size=x-large]NUTS!!![/size]
:wacko: :veryangry: :stars:

Monte

BEAR said:
I bought a Tesoro Sidewinder UMax for my girlfriend to use for relic hunting.
Congrats on having a gal who wants to go detecting with you. Don't let her go!! The Sidewinder

Fisher F75 LTD, but sometimes she puts a whopping on me with the Silver Sabre II. She got to use the Sidewinder for about 10 minutes. It was cold the other day and she had to go back and get into her Jeep. I should have got into the Jeep too. I got bit on the arm by a donkey out in the field, but I knocked him off and kelp hunting. Bear

Quote from Bear (Fisher F75 LTD, but sometimes she puts a whopping on me with the Silver Sabre II).

I just done the math and it is easy to figure out why -

Because the Fisher is only $1,200 and the Tesoro is priceless :poke:.

I guess your right. There has been a lot of relics found with a Tesoro. I have found a bunch with them too. I like the Fisher, but it is way over priced. I think that some day Tesoro will come out with something to match the F75, but when??? Bear

I've done quite well, in many old, ghosted town sites with an assortment of Tesoro models through the years. Most success has been with a manually GB'ed model, but then I favor them so as to be able to tune (balance) the detector and coil that is in use for the ground minerals present.

I checked out an F-75 when it was first released and thought it was 'interesting,' but not quite what I was looking for. I haven't use them enough to fully appreciate them, I'm sure, or the T2 (which I might prefer of the two), but I did think the F-75 was a bit overpriced in some respects. Comfortable package, but I don't care fo the coil mounting system as I feel it cheapens it. Makes it more "Bounty Hunterish" (for good reason), but otherwise it's comfortable and attractive.

But, good looks doesn't help find good stuff so that's a moot point. :) I hope she likes her new and lighter-weight Sidewinder

"I got bit on the arm by a donkey out in the field, but I knocked him off and kelp hunting". Bear

That is a classic !