Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro service

Wile.E

Just aquired 9 of 10 eldorado, just sent yesterday.already anxiety killing, just wondering oter brand took 5 weeks. Just wondering how long turn-around? Am thinking convert to tesoro and liquidating all others.. Aftter many years landed first tesoro .. Great machine,durable and super light to what im used to.sorry Ididnt get one years agIlike the ones that talk to me clear, this one does..

they are quick,,, but not so good with emails,,, talk to them on the phone for great customer support

Wile.E said:
Just aquired 9 of 10 eldorado, just sent yesterday.already anxiety killing, just wondering oter brand took 5 weeks. Just wondering how long turn-around? Am thinking convert to tesoro and liquidating all others.. Aftter many years landed first tesoro .. Great machine,durable and super light to what im used to.sorry Ididnt get one years agIlike the ones that talk to me clear, this one does..

Finding a good used Eldorado is a great thing. Which Eldorado is it and what are you sending it in for?

tabman

tesoro service rocks :thumbup:
they are very fast about getting repairs out
no worrys your using a tesoro now :detecting:

Back in a WEEK? yeah right !!! Tesoro received detector 18th called check on it 23rd." Oh we won't even look at it until at least 10 days.especially if its a older detector. We will call you if we need to talk to you.about repairs " Well that takes care of that its a older detector. Where did you get your info from Rebel?

It took a little over a couple of weeks to get my detector back after Tesoro received it, but I'm not about to complain, because it was an older detector and I was not the original owner. Tesoro was not obligated to warrant the detector, but they did. It doesn't get any better than that. Period

A good parallel would be someone complaining about a person being slow to pay them money, even though that person didn't even owe them any money to begin with.:cool:

tabman

It is a eldorado u-max Tabman,I sent in to have everything checked and tuned up,also replace GB pot,center shaft on gb pot sloppy there for causes eratic threshold.Have been using manual gb detectors for quite some time and even though im new to tesoro and this machine, quite sure the pot is defective.Want the machine to operate as new also ,did talk to fellow at service and feel completely at ease ,except for anxiety naturally, LO L! I did tell them I didnt purchase new ,no prob. Very excited about this machine and even though have only got to use about 15 minutes believe I will be having for long time.However long it takes will be fine,for not going out much at all right now,ground so hard that you have to chip away, no digging. Believe today makes 32 days straight 100+ temperatures here in north central okla. Thanks all for your replies

I got my info from personally sending in two different Tesoros to be serviced. I don't know Who you talked to but you should call back and talk to the head repair man. I think his name is Rusty.

im sure this will be deleted but to all of you that have had great service i am happy for you. This message is directed to the owner of Tesoro.
I have had my Sand Shark for over five years now and have heard nothing but great reviews. fast service,great customer services and friendly people.
so when i talked to the pastor of our church who is also an avid collector and scuba diver he said ..."get a Tesoro" you wont be sorry they have a Life Time warranty
and are rated not to leak to 200ft. here is the add ..check the part about the warranty

The Tesoro Tiger Shark uses microprocessor technology to create a true multi function land and underwater metal detector. In the normal mode the unit works like any other Tesoro metal detector. On land the Tesoro Tiger Shark can be used for coin & relic hunting as well as gold prospecting. The Tesoro Tiger Shark shines as a water detector in fresh and wet salt areas, making it one of the most versatile detectors available. It is fully waterproof to 200 feet and is equipped with four controls on the outside, to fine tune your detector to handle whatever conditions you are working in.

The Basics Of What You Get:

Silent search or adjustable audio threshold tone detection
Full discrimination capabilities
No motion all metal pinpointing
Positive pole locking system (No more pole wobble)
Drop in battery design (No leads to break)
Micro-processor controlled
Waterproof to 200 feet
Two mounting positions on pole (for balance) and hip mountable
3-piece breakdown pole. Great for transport or storge
Removable center pole for diving (no extra diver's pole to buy)
Waterproof headphones
Battery test switch
Operating Frequency 12.5 kHz
Lifetime Warranty! (For Real)

it dosent say...leak resistant.... it says and i quote WATERPROOF...

So i used this detector for 5+ years with no problems and was amazed at what it would pick up... so i was happy to tell everyone how i found this or that with my sand shark.

The Bad....
I was on a dive last year and was on my way down the line when i noticed bubbles starting to come from my detector housing around 90ft so i returned to the surface and opened up the unit took the batteries out and
dried off all the guts with a towel and laid everything in the sun. when i returned home i put the detector on its shelf and figured i would wait a week or so before i tried it out hoping nothing was wrong.
well weeks turned into months and before i knew it, it was 8 months later. in that time we had built and moved into our new home.So no it wasnt the first thing on my mind while i was building a new house.
So i send the sand shark to Tesoro and a nice man by the name of Rusty Henry says that he has received it and i should hear back from them in a few days.
Now at this time he had received my unit and called me back with the phone number i had provided. About a week goes by and i receive a letter from a technician saying it will cost
$195.00 for the board and he recommends that i replace the case.... another 39.00 i think. So now were up to 234.00.
So i call Rusty back and ask him if the warranty(remember the LIFETIME one) covered the housing from failure? Remember i have been diving this unit for 5 years and never a leak and for it to happen at 90 ft
seemed a little odd. i did notice that they have changed the end of the housing to incorporate the cable for the coil now by the way. The next day while im at work i get a phone call from Robert the service
Technician who proceeds to tell me that they will not cover the unit because i waited so long and that he went to the owner of the company and he said he would have covered it IF i would have sent it in immediately.
I was a little upset and asked what difference did it make and Robert started on this Rant about oxidation and how a piece of something must have gotten caught in the seal. I said I didnt want to argue with him
and he continued to raise his voice at me. iI told him a second time 'I DONT WANT TO ARGUE ! just send my unit back and ill buy something else. He raised his voice again to which I said good bye and hung up.
I really did like the unit as far as weight and what it did pick up but i am very disappointed in the way they handled this situation. So beware if something happens dont wait send it in. But for me i see a
different detector in my future. I really put my faith in their warranty .....guess i shouldn't have.

I've sent two different detectors in. One for a check up on the preset ground balance and general check and the other, which I bought used as it had falsing problems due to water getting in the coil through a small crack. As I told them that I'd bought the detector used, they charged me for a new coil, but gave it to me at cost, plus 3 sets of bolts and rubber washers of the latest design for my other detectors plus replacing the pinpoint button on the detector at no charge and calibrating it all. In both instances the turn around time back to me was less than two weeks. I am perfectly happy with the results, even paying for the new coil as I wouldn't expect free parts on any other used item that I've purchased. I'm sure once in a while someone isn't 100% satisfied (rightfully so or not), but I've been following several forums for 6 or 7 years now and this is the first time I've seen any comments other than positive about Tesoro's service. My two bits.
BB

As of today Tesoro has had my detector ten days ...... I'm starting to go :crazy:

Hey Guys:

I looked at this guys posts (post) number, how does anyone have any credibility when their first post slams Tesoro Service??????? I'd take this post with a grain of salt, and this post should be ignored :thumbdown: