Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tesoro lobo

jerry-nebraska

I am new to metal detecting and considering a Tesoro Lobo can anyone out there tell me something about this detector, learning curve etc. Or should I stick with a less expensive model like the the Silver U Max?

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forum.

I find it hard to make suggestions without knowing what you are going to use the
metal detector for. Are you going to coin hunt? Jewelry? Gold Nuggets? Relics?

What kind of conditions are you facing? Soil conditions? Salt water?

The Compadre works very well. It is an exceptional performer. It would be an
excellent second MD once you figure out what fits your needs.

I have used several Tesoro's, and the Compadre is on the top of my list.

For $152, it is a great starter machine.

HH

Hi, just signed up. However, I've been a guest for quite a while. How's everyone?

Hi Mr Worth,

Welcome to the Tesoro forum.

Do you have a MD yet?

HH,

Oh, I see you have two Garrets and a White's.

Have you had the Vaquero long?

I have four Tesoro's. I just got my Vaquero the

other day and am having lots of fun with it.

Hope your's is working out well also.

HH,

Hello Jerry and welcome :) A number of folks here have really had good luck with the Silver uMAX. Good price, features, and depth. I am not familiar with the Lobo unfortunately. Just reading about it though it seemed to be more for gold prospecting and had the higher frequency, 17.8 khz. Unless you are prospecting, I'd stick with one of the other Tesoro models at least according to the Tesoro site. Tell us a little more about what type of hunting you would like to do and again, welcome! :) :tesoro:
HH TonyTX

Howdy, Tabdog. Thanks for the welcome. Had the Garret's and White's for about 3 years now, just purchased the Vaquero 2 weeks ago. I have been detecting off and on since my early 20's. Pushing 69 now but I try very hard to stay in shape. I walk about 12 miles a week on a tread mill at a health club and lift weights till I can cut washers with my ---hole. Had quite a few detectors through the years but lost them in a house fire back in the late 80's, got so discusted that i forgot about the hobby for a while. However I'm back now and should have never left. Might even find a million in gold coins tomorrow - you know-kinda make up for lost time [ha]. Anyway, gonna give it my best till I'm called to the other side. A very good luck to you, my friend - I can call you my friend I hope, and thanks for welcome. Dimesworth.

Hay Dimesworth,

This hobby ties us togather. That makes us friends. We can already understand one another.
I got out of this hobby 25 years ago. Been a surveyor for 30 some odd years, and dissabled
now at 58. I'm too far gone to try and stay in shape like you. Metal detecting helps a lot though.

I got back into MDing about 7 or 8 months ago. Went through a couple of detectors and found
Tesoro's. The weight and fast response attracted me right away. Thats all I use now.

I like finding jewelry and relics/artifacts.

I'm expecting to find a bunch of gold coins soon. I'll post em when I do:beers:

HH,

Well you are not quite as old as me. By about a year as I am pushing 70. And like you I walk, about 20 miles per week outside to try and stay in shape. Metal detecting helps. Good to have you aboard!
Pap

Thanks for your welcome, Pap. I'll tell you what, I read alot and read an article that claimed that now days 70 yrs is about equal to what 50 yrs was about thirty years ago. I don't know where you live but I'm waiting for this snow to melt away so I can crank my MDs. The frost really went into the ground this winter and it's been colder than the last few winters - must be global warming. I remember back in the " 70s" the so called experts were crying global cooling - that didn't happen either. Don't know how you feel but there's more important issues to worry about, like FREEDOM. Well , guess I rambled long enough, thanks again for the welcome and hang in there. Who knows just what one might find tomorrow. Dimesworth

I purchased the Silver U-Max last spring and used it hard last year and really enjoyed the machine. I had great success coin hunting with it. It is very easy to use and does an awesome job locating mid-deep range older silver coins. I successfully located over 100 wheat pennies; 9- mercury dimes; 1- 1906 Barber dime; 8-silver Roosevelt's; 2- Canadian silver dimes; 3 silver quarters; 1- walking liberty half dollar; 1- franklin half dollar and tons of clad. Not too bad of a machine for coin shooting. However, if you want a little more sophisticated machine with all the bells and whistles then you will probably want to invest in a higher priced machine. For the money you can't go wrong with the silver U-Max. It all depends on what you want to use it for. For coin hunting you can't find a better unit! Good luck in determining your Tesoro machine! I don't think you can ever go wrong with any of the Tesoro metal detectors! Happy hunting and God bless!