Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tesoro Lobo ST for beach use?

Redlance

The word is that the Tesoro Lobo has fits in wet black sand, with the standard 10" elliptical coil. Would changing to a concentric coil make any difference for beach use? Redlance

I'm no expert, just have been researching the Lobo for a while and have read a lot about it. A more interesting article I've seen:
http://www.tesoro.com/Lobo_Field_Test.html
The field test section. In a nutshell, the widescan or dd coil may be the answer.

Kevin, I tried out my Lobo ST on our San Diego Beaches and the 10" elliptical that came with it did just fine in the wet salt and on the dry sand.I found it to be pretty stable in the blacksand. I Found $8.50in clads, and a costume ring with it in just 4 hours. The pinpointing takes a little use to, since I've never used a widescan coil, but I may pick up either the 8" or 9x8" concentric for it anyways for backup. Thanks for your response. Redlance

Question, in your use of the Lobo with it's unboosted audio can you tell by the sound of an target what it might be, say, the difference between a coin/pulltab/bottlecap? Is there a significant difference in the character of the sounds? Through a lot of practice, I've gotten to where I can with my b2mm on some targets, but with the boosted audio of this model it's kind of difficult. I mean, at the beach with the sand and easy digging it's pretty much beep-dig anyway, but once one gets away from the beach, hate digging all the junk.

I can definitely tell the difference in sound between coins and screwcaps and bits of burnt aluminum(coke cans) the pitch is definitely much higher than a coin. Pull tabs are another matter, but sound clipped at the end, not soft, and aluminum foil is threaded as well. It didn't take long to pick up on the"language of sound" on my Lobo. Just ordered the 9x8 concentric coil and scuff. Can't wait to try it out at the beach. Come on UPS. Redlance