Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tesoro destiny

Wile.E

Hello fellow mds,just received my first tesoro today,eldorado u-max 9.5/ 10 condition. After years metal detecting never did tesoro enter mind ,till recently, after listening to several saying they switched to tesoro after they tried one.Now Iknow why! Have been reading your posts for months and decided time to check it out. Here in north central oklahoma has been 100+ degrees for 18 days straight now,this older body doesnt do much lately but set in house and think about md. lol. anyhow got new tesoro today and had to go out and test..Was only out for 10 minutes max but dug silver plated brass buckle of some sort,about 6 inches deep. No biggie but I live in a house built in 1910, and have been over the entire place time and time again with my other detectors, 4 great ones. However Iam most impressed with first use of tesoro if only 10 minutes. Am firm believer in manual ground balance and already thinking of selling other machines and getting vaquero to compliment this one. Dont how to post pics ,but you guys will be hearing more from me if it ever cools down a bit.Iam now a tesoro type guy

welcome to the Tesoro forum. You are going to find out that Tesoro makes some of the best detectors available with a warranty that can't be beat.
I recently got a new Vaquero and it is a superb metal detector. No bells and whistles to slow you down, just pure performance in an extremely light weight package. You won't regret buying a Vaquero..... it is deep hitter for sure. HH.....

Roger

Hi Wiley, good to have you with us, and I think you will find there are several more of us older folk here also, and will of course have plenty in common with one another.I know what you mean about the heat and running out in the yard for a quick hunt every now and then just to quell the "fever" we all get. Lacka detecting, sure brings it on and it is great when you have an old place so close by so as to be able to pull off a short quick hunt. I too am able to hunt my yard where there was a house back in the 30's and only just recently after hunting it for 35 years discovered that there may have even been a much older place here before that. That thought has tweaked my yard hunts up another notch and helps me stave off the fever until cool down comes to S.Ms and I can get back to the more serious older sites for a hunt.Smooth move you made to Tesoro! Pure, simple,sweet, easy, enjoyable swinging, and that's what it's all about,particulary, for us old dudes. HH Charlie

Howdy Wile.E

I live just north of you near South Haven along I-35, I have the older Tesoros with ground balance like the Inca, Bandido's, Toltec's etc. Give me a shout thru a PM if you want to. I would be happy to share ideas with you. The ground around here is the same as you guys area,need rain badly, can't even chip out shallow clad coins out the ground:shrug: without scratching them.

Know what you mean about that chipping Hombre, there is no digging even with lesche.Ihad to basically chip that buckle out of ground yesterday.Definately would not have done if not on my property. Also you are very close to me and there is some interesting territory between our locations. Cant wait to take this eldorado on real hunt

Wile.E you're going to really like the Tesoro Eldorado uMax. It's one sweet machine.

You might want to look into getting a 7 inch concentric coil to use in those trashy areas. It's a dream to swing and it still gets good depth and coverage.

People who have never used a Tesoro detector don't know what they're missing.:)

tabman

Know what you mean tabman,havent got to take on real hunt yet , but have feeling going to be thinning out detector collection to invest in more tesoro goodies. Is the 7"concentric a better choice than the 5.75? I do most my hunting old farmsteads,old houses,river banks,ect.dont do parksor many ball fields. mostly secluded locations. Bing new to this machine, any pointers will be very much appreciated as I gear it up. One thing I did notice on my test run with machine ground ballanced, threshhold very crackly regardless of where I set sensitivity. Is that normal for this machine?

Congrats!!! Very nice!! Lots of old ghost towns in that area! We were out by Ponca city in April detecting with our club. Brother it is hot!! I'm in the Tulsa area.

Wile.E said:
Know what you mean tabman,havent got to take on real hunt yet , but have feeling going to be thinning out detector collection to invest in more tesoro goodies. Is the 7"concentric a better choice than the 5.75? I do most my hunting old farmsteads,old houses,river banks,ect.dont do parksor many ball fields. mostly secluded locations. Bing new to this machine, any pointers will be very much appreciated as I gear it up. One thing I did notice on my test run with machine ground ballanced, threshhold very crackly regardless of where I set sensitivity. Is that normal for this machine?

Here's a good read: 7 inch coil

tabman

Where have we been?Havent got to use much yet,because of extreme heat here,but wish id tryed one a long time ago.